Aero turbine 2525xl

02silverpathy

I ordered this muffler today along with a stamped stainless steel "Y" pipe. I am going to install this with the factory piping in tact...will I see results????

Muffler -- $158.41 shipped

Stainless "Y" -- 24.71 shipped

Aero turbine exhaust looks like a promising design...the "XL" version as I have ordered has the air foil cone inside but also some 3000 degree ceramic to quite down the tones inside the truck. If it truly adds a 30% increase in MPG this would be 5-6 MPG HWY (leading me to 23-24) and 4-5 CTY MPG (leading me to 18-19)---this would be too cool--having Ford Escape MPGs in a lifted and loaded Path!!

I am taking a vacation to Myrtle Beach SC on the 4th of October---results will definately be noticed as last year the truck was totally stock with a drop in washable filter and avg'd 20-21MPG HWY---my last really long trip in the path was to NJ (MAX STRYKER) in which it got 18.?? MPG.

Since last year I have added:

>>3" AC lift w/ front 3/4 spacer

>>Warn Manual Hubs

>>265/75 REVO's

>>Custom WAI

>>TB bypass

and the CTY helper/HWY killer 4.636 gears

I should mention too that I got a Scanguage II to help ME get better MPG's as well!!

Edited by 02silverpathy

No longer to warm up, but the Intake Air temp on the Scangauge is amazing!! This makes overall more giddy up and costs less than 1 MPG to have the power on call. When you first start your rig in the morning and feel the peppy-ness and then park it after like 10 miles and start it up again try to remember the first start up...way more sluggish after intake manny is HOT ! You can touch my manny/Tb anytime and not even come close to uncomfortable--with the lines hooked up--WoW too hot to hold!

I ordered this muffler today along with a stamped stainless steel "Y" pipe. I am going to install this with the factory piping in tact...will I see results????

Muffler -- $158.41 shipped

Stainless "Y" -- 24.71 shipped

Aero turbine exhaust looks like a promising design...the "XL" version as I have ordered has the air foil cone inside but also some 3000 degree ceramic to quite down the tones inside the truck. If it truly adds a 30% increase in MPG this would be 5-6 MPG HWY (leading me to 23-24) and 4-5 CTY MPG (leading me to 18-19)---this would be too cool--having Ford Escape MPGs in a lifted and loaded Path!!

I am taking a vacation to Myrtle Beach SC on the 4th of October---results will definately be noticed as last year the truck was totally stock with a drop in washable filter and avg'd 20-21MPG HWY---my last really long trip in the path was to NJ (MAX STRYKER) in which it got 18.?? MPG.

Since last year I have added:

>>3" AC lift w/ front 3/4 spacer

>>Warn Manual Hubs

>>265/75 REVO's

>>Custom WAI

>>TB bypass

and the CTY helper/HWY killer 4.636 gears

I should mention too that I got a Scanguage II to help ME get better MPG's as well!!

How exactly did you come by this muffler over all of the others? It sounds like a great test, let us all know.

BTW: what exactly does that scangauge allow you to do? and how much did that cost you?

And that is why when I went to Max's I drove my sister's CRV, 27mpg and I sat in two hours of traffic in Deleware...

Lol, wow I feel important! So I get the truck back to notice that it full fills most of my expectations quickly!

Sound--The exhaust note is strong on acceleration from a stop to about 3000 rpm, then continues to soften to a stock tone all the way to interstate speeds! Heavy acceleration leads to a 2 second burp of exhaust note then back to throaty intake sound acceleration. From behind the vehicle the note is there however raspy, meaning another resonator would be perfect--other suggestions later!

Power--This muffler provided GREAT low end torq---perahps several more than the butt dyno can accurately tell (10?). Acceleration is smooth--so smooth that the transmission even switches smoother indicating the free flowing exhaust. When the truck drops a gear to passing it does seem to have lost the quick whippy grunt it had, however the speedo is climbing faster than I remember....so overall maybe more low end torq and better HP in the higher RPM--? Oddly enough this is exactly what they claim!

MPG--So far on the Scangauge, I am showing exactly (about!) 4-5 MPG HWY and 3-4 CTY...I am truly impressed! On average at 65 MPH the Scangauge shows steady fluctuations from 18-21 MPG HWY...now it is showing 21-26 (it was quite windy here today, this may be reason for the 21 or the 26)--CTY it usually shows a larger fluctuation of 13-18...now it is showing 16-21.

**Suggestions** If I did this again from scratch I would probably buy the un-resonated muffler and the resonator seperate...the reason is that I am guessing that the small resonator in the front of my muffler has to fight the slight suction that the immediatly placed muffler/tubine produces...still leaving me with some raspy sound instead of smooth even exhaust.

woohoo...now you have given me something i want to do, ive been nervous about mufflers...so how much of the exhaust did they actually do? cat back? What was the total cost including the installation? What kind of warranty does everything hold? Sorry to ask so many questions but I am very seriously considering this for next summer probably...

Y pipe = $24 shipped

Aero 2525XL = $158 shipped

Friends garage and some okay welds = $75

Muffler is lifetime warranty

Y pipe is stamped stainless (lifetime last anyhow)

Labor--go harass himif it fails !

I kept stock pipes before and after muffler---this is why it is kinda cruddy--OE front pipes are like 1 3/4" and single exit pipe is like 2 1/4 so big beads of weld slag to fill nasty gaps!

I'd like to see a vehicle with areotubine lined up next to the same vehicle with magnaflow(using all same diameter parts) and see If there is notable differance (other than sound). I'm kinda inclined to belive that magnaflow is the most bang for buck since it reduces and tune sound with now restriction in flow and that areroturbines whole "venturi effect" style muffler is just advertising. They state is lowers EGTs and engine temps too but any system that keeps less backpreassure than stock will do that and as long as its not too free flowing it will also give gains in performance and mpg.

I'm not dissing your setup or anyone who wants to try it, I'm sure its great(and I'd love to hear it), I'm only wondering how much it stands above other brands.

Edited by MY1PATH

where did you find these parts? What was the website and part#'s.

Y pipe = $24 shipped

Aero 2525XL = $158 shipped

the factory resonator that on the truck is right near the end of the tail pipe right?

Can you buy a converter to get from 1 3/4 exhaust pipe to 2 1/4 pipe?

Got my muffler from "Ourdealsrock" on ebay..submitted an offer...it was instantly accepted which means I may have been able to get it even less!! It came to my house from SDakota in 4 days free shipping.

The Y pipe came from Performancepeddler.com and was just offered at this price.

An adapter , well the closest adapter I could find was still way off I think it was 1 7/8 to 2 1/4, but maybe I should have tried this anyway, would have looked better under the truck, but the weld will def. hold!

I will get a vid of this asap...my first vid yaay!

As far as the Magnaflow mufflers go...I had one less than 1 week after I got my truck and cut is off the same day in favor of the OEM exhaust. This muffler reduced waaay to much back pressure and lost me waaay too much torq. I had the dual in and out model with their "X" flow design inside, I also used 2 1/4 pipe from front to back dual/dual--you could arguable say this was my problem, but I still thought with the pipe size converted back near OEM that the magnaflow was also too loud and un refined for my likes.

Ask anyone with an early 95 LT1 Camero vs a 1996 LT1 Camero about the "Y" piping and cat converter(s) underneath---the 95 will love the open ended exhaust, the 96 will lose so much that it feels like a peppy V6---pretty crazy science, but it is not myth.

Edited by 02silverpathy

Agreed, magnaflows do reduce allot of backpreassure. my first magnaflow 2.5" and 2.5" pipe all the way seemed like it killed low end torque. When I went down to 2" It all came back. All single pipe of course.