Aero turbine 2525xl

02silverpathy

WHERE IS THE VIDEO YOU PROMISED???

anyway, my Aero 2525 is ordered and shipped, should be getting it tomorrow. i got the one without the resonator. As for the y-pipe, what was the pipe diameter size?

I am sorry, I have not forgotten--I hope that tomorrow when I am off I am able to get this accomplished...the Y pipe that I have is 2" in and 2.5 out...the pipes on the path are even smaller than that though so be prepared to adapt!

Congrats on the muffler--I am in love with mine! I had a Flomaster 50 SUV on my 98 and it sounded good, but I found there to be no improvement inperformance...you will see an increase with this one!

• 2 weeks later...

The video is finally on youtube!

2002 Pathfinder Aeroturbine

It gained me 1.7 MPG's on my trip leaving me at 19.7 average @ 65-70MPH on my trip to SC over my trip to NJ; I also had much more cargo and people than the NJ trip. Not bad, buuuut not the 21.5 I got last year with OEM everything.

I did discover that the VQ35 does NOT do better with Lucas Fuel treatment...it actually caused a loss from what my Scanguage reported---lower timing degrees and on average several MPG worse in general! From my experience with this truck, I am led to believe that with my 4.636 gears 2250-2500 RPM's is the most efficient range, without Lucas Fuel treatment is best.

I have also read several places that no oil treatment is the best when using high quality oils like Mobil 1, Castrol Syntec, Royal Purple and of course Amsoil.

...back to the muffler--VERY happy! Great sound at idle and lower RPM and quiet on the interstate--if the MPG gain is no farce then the muffler will pay for itself in about 10 tanks of highway travel----pretty sweet! I would like to find a resonated tip to remove some f the raspiness and accent the tone...any help out there??

Edited by 02silverpathy