What I did this weekend

Fukinitupagain

Ok so I wasn't able to get any work done cause I didn't have that much time, although my boy Jason was saying that he could cancel one of the oppointments if I wanted a spot, but I didn't want him to do that, plus my sister-in-law was getting a tattoo. So her attoo was one that I designed, it's a pin-up girl in a late 50's early 60's Aitr Force uniform riding a bomb while soluting It's for her grandfather who died about 4 months (he was in the air force for a number of years). This is the first session of the tat & will take another one maybe two & when its complete will have a bomber (B51) in the background, like it was the one that dropped the bomb she was sitting on, with her grandfather's birthdate & death date going down the side of the bomb like it's a serial number. Hope you enjoy...

The design & placement

IMG_0569.jpg

IMG_0570.jpg

IMG_0571.jpg

IMG_0572.jpg

IMG_0573.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look there's my boy Jason doin' the work... hey Jay!

IMG_0574.jpg

IMG_0575.jpg

IMG_0579.jpg

IMG_0578.jpg

And the finished product (atleast for today)

IMG_0581.jpg

IMG_0580-1.jpg

A couple of people gettin work done around us

IMG_0577.jpg

IMG_0576.jpg

If anyone here in the NC/VA area is interested in getting any work done give me a hollar (you can tag along with me this winter as I start my sleeves)

Man nice design! I like it and I like that it actually stands for something. I currently have not had any ink done but both the wife and I are planning on something here soon. I just need to find a way to incorporate my family themselves or my family crest with my fam's initials somewhere in there. I have no artisitc skill so I need to sit down with somebody and let them draw out my ideas. My wife has 5 tat's now and she wants another one incorporating the same kinda stuff I want to do. Too bad I am not in the NC/VA area or I would so go with you. Looks like your buddy does some good work. When you get your sleeves done update this thread as I would like to see the finished sleeves.

Too bad I am not in the NC/VA area or I would so go with you. Looks like your buddy does some good work. When you get your sleeves done update this thread as I would like to see the finished sleeves.

Jason does killer work & was won a bunch of awards & been in all kinds of magazines & what not & if you come along wiht me he won't charge much (cause he's been my boy for like 7 or 8 years now). He's not what you'd think a tattoo artist would be. He's had actuall art training, doesn't drink or do any drugs has a wife & 3 kids & his wife is a special ed. teacher in Ronoake Va.

Yeah I have the two half-sleeves & the backpiece right now (which is what I'm finishing here in Oct.) & my lower part of my arms is going to actually be 5 or 6 different tats that when finished will look like one bigass piece. Same thing wiht my legs but it'll be more like 7 or 8 a leg that make up one big one when done.

man thats some cool stuff...i know im getting the maryland blue crab with one of my grandmothers names in it and maybe her birth date and death date when she dies. I haven't figured out what I am going to do for my other grandmother but they have been the two most important women in my life so far and I don't think I can do enough to repay them so that's my way of honoring them...im in college park (inside of 495 north of DC) but I would def. head down there to get a pro to do it, maybe in the next year or so

man thats some cool stuff...i know im getting the maryland blue crab with one of my grandmothers names in it and maybe her birth date and death date when she dies. I haven't figured out what I am going to do for my other grandmother but they have been the two most important women in my life so far and I don't think I can do enough to repay them so that's my way of honoring them...im in college park (inside of 495 north of DC) but I would def. head down there to get a pro to do it, maybe in the next year or so

Just give me a hollar sometime, you're more than welcome to come along. I'm afraid Jason & Christy (his wife) are moving to Clevend next summer so I want to get as much done now before he goes, cause its gonna be a long road trip after that. I don't really get "in memory" tattoos, but I like 'em. I just tattoos cause I like 'em & like the way they look on me. Ya know like when you are a 9 or 10 year old kid you have this image of what you'll look like when you grow up, well I've always invisioned myself being covered in tattoos... maybe it's because of my carnie-style family (yes I had a couple of family members who were carnies while I was grwoing up).

Ones with meaning are always the best. That is a huge piece too! My gargoyle (lower half of my back) took 2, 2hr sessions, one for outline and one for shading. I think my wife, her cousin and I are going to all get one done of a hearts loner hand for Euchre in honor of their grandmoter that passed 2 weeks ago.

sweet design and nice work...if I return back to "gods country" I may be getting something but who knows...if so i'll hit ya up...was that down in ATL or CLT?

That was The 14th Annual Little John's Tattoo Convention in Greensboro at the Marriot. And yeah man before ya come in, give me a hollar & I'll give JAson a hollar.

Ones with meaning are always the best.

Yeah, I think they SHOULD have meaning behind them.

Not to say that mine really do... But I'll always be a Pisces, and if I haven't grown out of liking Snoopy & Woodstock at age 33, I don't think I will! They definitely have to be something you will want to be part of you for the rest of your life!

WOW! nice work! and damn i feel your girls pain lmao...... that's a soft spot to ink on.... but it'll look bad ass when it's done! :aok:

Yeah, Sara, my sister-in-law, was a f*kin trooper! She sat through a 4 and a half hour session only stopped & got up once! And that was to take a p!ss! Hardcore my friends, hardcore...

When it's done it'll have a big colored background & a B1 bomber off in the distance like it just dropped the bomb the pin-up is riding.

Yeah, Sara, my sister-in-law, was a f*kin trooper! She sat through a 4 and a half hour session only stopped & got up once! And that was to take a p!ss! Hardcore my friends, hardcore...

When it's done it'll have a big colored background & a B1 bomber off in the distance like it just dropped the bomb the pin-up is riding.

my cousin got a tat on his upper arm, and he passed out and threw up on the guy who was doing the work, that guy was so pissed

my cousin got a tat on his upper arm, and he passed out and threw up on the guy who was doing the work, that guy was so pissed

What a puss! I fell asleep during both half-sleeves. Thats the easiest place to get tattooed. The worst for me so far has been on the inside of my arm pretty close to my arm pit or the very small of my back, like an inch away from the as$ crack. Arms are easy though.

What a puss! I fell asleep during both half-sleeves. Thats the easiest place to get tattooed. The worst for me so far has been on the inside of my arm pretty close to my arm pit or the very small of my back, like an inch away from the as$ crack. Arms are easy though.

My wife was pissed at me when I told her it actually tickled when he was inking my back. Every time he got over a rib I had to fight laughing and moving.

I found the pain tolerable when I had the fish done on my lower back. My second tatt was woodstock flying around my ankle, and it was the worst 15 minutes ever, I hated it! lol... I was especially annoyed because the one on my back wasnt such a big deal.

I had bad timing when I added to the fish, (not an issue for 99% of the board, and I apologize for overshare) and found out that certain times of the month I can be a pain wimp. Still, it was tolerable, but considering how well the first tatt went, I was surprised how much it bothered me. (possible over share part: any guy who wants to take a girl for a tatt, and give her the heads up, the week before her period = not a good idea)

I like tats and find the artistry (in a good one) to be amazing.

But, man. There are going to be some seriously ugly people walking around in 40 years. Fading and blurring starts making them look not so cool in just a few years. After 30 years, those detailed back pieces and sleeves are going to look like acid induced Rorschach Tests...

"This one, err, this use to be a, HEY, ETHEL, WHAT WAS THIS TAT ON MY ARM????"

I like tats and find the artistry (in a good one) to be amazing.

But, man. There are going to be some seriously ugly people walking around in 40 years. Fading and blurring starts making them look not so cool in just a few years. After 30 years, those detailed back pieces and sleeves are going to look like acid induced Rorschach Tests...

"This one, err, this use to be a, HEY, ETHEL, WHAT WAS THIS TAT ON MY ARM????"

Actually with modern inks and needles being more precise, there is less fading or blending. Though the sun can still cause a lot of fade if you spend too much time with your tattoos exposed to it.

So water weight gain causes increased skin sensativity?

Not sure what it is... there are a few things women shouldnt do that week... unless they like unnecessary additional pain.

(waxing is one of them) Our tolerance to pain at that time is less than usual.