Anyone has knowledge of Toyota 4runner 1995? Might have to cheat on pathy

NaturaTek

Ok, I've tried to get financing on a pathy or xterra. I have like no credit and 3 items in collection, some BS $50 medical doctor fee, 900$ negative account and a 90$ that I paid off already.

Have $2grand in cash and nothing around here pathy related thats decent. I saw one that looks nice, but taking a look underneath it was nothing but delicate ferrous rust and holes, another one was 'ok' but was manual. Don't know stick yet.

I'm going to have to try diff routes for now. An attorney client told me he as a 1995 toyota srt5, he said this is the 'luxury' edition, with all features in it. I think he's talking out of his ass, luxury on a 95 doesn't sound luxurious, lol. Back then, the biggest luxury items is powerwindows and leather seats that crack in cold.

Anyway, he told me it has some 60-70thousand miles and he'll give it to me super cheap $500 or so and exchange that I'll take care of his office computers and IT needs. I'm going to take a look at it monday evening at his house. He said it's practically new, nothing wrong with it. I really dont want to go toyota route but I need something. Researching that 95 toyota, it looks like it has the same 6 lug configuration as the rims on pathfinder. I'm wondering if I can simply take the 31bfgs and rockcrawler rims and throw it on the toyota.

They don't look appealing to me as my pathfinder. Dang it. I think I'll ride out with the toyota, and practice mech skills on pathfinder so if something goes wrong, toyota is there. Save more cash and simply buy a pathfinder/xterra cash outright and maybe trade in 4runner or sell it.

Is there anything negative on a 4runner 95 if anyone knows? It does uses same 6lug rims like pathy?

Yes they should fit, but call a local tire shop, give them the specs on the wheels and ask if they will fit.. simple :aok:

Oh and drive that Yota over here and I'll take it off of your hands :D

They will fit, was a 4runner around here with lego wheels on it a while back. Toyotas have the same frame issues as nissans so take a peek on the underside. Or stay Nissan and learn stick, clutches are not that expensive if you burn it out.

another one was 'ok' but was manual. Don't know stick yet.

Jebus Dude, just learn to drive a stick!! It's a skill you need regardless and it's not like it's THAT hard!!!. You just don't get to hold your latte all the time... ;)

Oh, the Toya V6 can have head gasket issues, sheitty gaskets were used sometimes in all factories. No way to tell... Otherwise, good vehicles.

B

Jebus Dude, just learn to drive a stick!! It's a skill you need regardless and it's not like it's THAT hard!!!. You just don't get to hold your latte all the time...

What the hell are you talking about B? Just hold the cup halfway up your hand & have the bottom of the cup set on top of the shift knob leaving the bottom half of your able to move the shifter. There crisis averted!

Oh yeah & LEARN TO DRIVE A STICK! Don't buy a Toy...

yota.

88path..what you mean same timing belt issues as path? Does the path have a timing belt issue!?

By the way, I took a look at the 95 SRT 4runner. Interior nice, all leathered and clean. Took it for a test drive. DAMN, either that toyota has an issue or something, the acceleration was horrible, HORRIBLE. Timing belt was done 10,000 miles ago. It look like it has a mini lift and it comes with 31x10.5 tires. Feels a little weird driving it after being a faithful pathfinder driver. Feels way bigger and somewhat wider. Body in great condition, some slight rust underneath..tow hitch. Has grill bar in front with a cool looking skid plate underneath. But again, damn, that acceleration sucked. I never completely floored the pedal on the path where it touched the bottom..on the 4runner I stepped on it all the way and couldnt press down no more and still felt like it was chugging. He said that was normal on that type of big car. I have 31s on path and its not that bad.

Oh well..i'll look again for used path if not, getting cosigner for Xterra!

88path..what you mean same timing belt issues as path? Does the path have a timing belt issue!?

I believe what he is saying is that it is the same as the Pathy; if you have a timing belt failure, it can ruin your motor.

B

I believe what he is saying is that it is the same as the Pathy; if you have a timing belt failure, it can ruin your motor.

B

The Pathfinders have an interference engine. The 95 4Runners do not, they are more forgiving should the timing belt

break

Did it indeed have 60ort 70 thousand miles? If so that is pretty darn low for a truck that is 13 years old. I had a buddy with a 95 (I think) yota and while it was a dog on acceleration. It wheeled very well. I'd do it for 500 bucks and some work on the side. But that's just my opinion. Heck for 500 you could drive it for awhile then get another pathy or fix yours. Dam too bad your so far away I'd take it off his hands.