InBev Buys Anheuser-Busch

unccpathfinder

Well, I guess it just another American Icon going away. Luckily I dont drink a lot of Bud. My wife likes Bud light, and I will drink it if there is nothing else. Mostly I stick to smaller or west coast beers. Redhook and Henrys is the staple. But, I hear you GG, sometimes cheaper beer gets the job done. For me, and I really dont know why, PBR is the choice. I absolutly refuse to drink anything by Miller. That fantastic company bought the Olympia Brewery, then shut it down a little over a year later. They put a couple of thousand people out of a job without blinking. This entire area was behind Miller. Now, Its hard to find a supporter. Anyway, Ill stick to the local brews......

Hmmm... while I'm normally an MGD guy, I was handed a couple cans of PBR saturday night, and did like it. and with this news, the desicion is final.... PBR it is(when I drink beer, usualy a JD + Coke drinker)

molson, labatt and sleeman, the 3 biggest canadian brewers, are all foreign-owned.

Labatt = InBev (sadly, Alexander Keiths = Labatt...)

lol, we say IMPORTED LABATT BLUE when we were in the states... why the hell would they import that crap?

I drive down the street to the Brick Brewery to get my beer right from the factory now. I know it has been kept refridgerated the moment after it was bottled. If i have extra money, i will buy the good micro stuff like Precise1. (Creemore Springs is my favourite)

hello... /invite pezzy

Actually, Nige, you gotta join us for a trip to the distillery district downtown, we were there last year for Adam (RedRubi's) B-day... I tried 3 different types of beer, including a coffee stout which was pretty cool.

Labatt = InBev (sadly, Alexander Keiths = Labatt...)

lol, we say IMPORTED LABATT BLUE when we were in the states... why the hell would they import that crap?

hello... /invite pezzy

Actually, Nige, you gotta join us for a trip to the distillery district downtown, we were there last year for Adam (RedRubi's) B-day... I tried 3 different types of beer, including a coffee stout which was pretty cool.

I remember having a Kona coffee brew a couple of months ago.... It was pretty good, but my friend bought it and I cant remember the name

I tried 3 different types of beer, including a coffee stout which was pretty cool.

Yep, quite good but with odd effects. I had an espresso stout late one night and had the craziest farking dreams all night. I won't drink a cafienated beer past 6pm now... :shrug:

B

You guys might have the cash to buy $8.00 6 packs of beer, but that's an occasional thing for me. I drink Bud Select like water (ie I never get drunk, and don't drink to be drunk, but can drink 12 in a single night) so $8.00 for 12 is a much more in the budget .

Here in BC the cheapest beer we can buy is $8/6 pack. Most beer (Canadian, Kokanee, Bud, MGD etc.) is like $12/6 pack. You guys are lucky with your alcohol pricing down there....

Here in BC the cheapest beer we can buy is $8/6 pack. Most beer (Canadian, Kokanee, Bud, MGD etc.) is like $12/6 pack. You guys are lucky with your alcohol pricing down there....

You schmucks don't have long neck bottles either :thumbsdown:

Water IS cheaper you know. :tongue:

You schmucks don't have long neck bottles either :thumbsdown:

:shiftyeyes: ???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beer_bottle

Are you picturing us all still drinking out of the stubbies?

Brick%20Lager.jpg

I actually think Brick is the only company that still uses the stubby bottle, I havent seen one in a LOOOOONG time.

Yes...

WTF??? $2 a beer for that swill?? I honestly think I would quit drinking beer!!!

B

I just got back from mexico and down there corona was 1.50-2.00 a bottle first time i had tecate also.. i liked it

Me and my bud both drank a liter of jager between teh both of us, we were fskcin hammard on teh cruise ship.. i did karakokeeeeeee

Really?........Really?....Youd be drinkin it and saying "Aye" and "Hoser" in no time.......

Nope, I'd stick to Tequila and say things like "Que onda esse..."

I just got back from mexico and down there corona was 1.50-2.00 a bottle first time i had tecate also.. i liked it

Me and my bud both drank a liter of jager between teh both of us, we were fskcin hammard on teh cruise ship.. i did karakokeeeeeee

Was that served or just the tourist price? I refuse to think about the karakoe(sp?)...

B