InBev Buys Anheuser-Busch

unccpathfinder

I've been following this one for a while and knew they were going to sale after all of their finagling to get out from under all of their obligations...

I've been a bud man for a long time...but I like Stella a lot as well so I think with this purchase some more higher quality (possibly new beers) will surface.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/15/business...amp;oref=slogin

Hmm, doesn't sound bad to me... Stella or Buttwiper, not a hard choice for me. I generally stick with microbrew or premium beer so this doesn't really concern me. Might be interesting though... :shrug:

B

molson, labatt and sleeman, the 3 biggest canadian brewers, are all foreign-owned.

I am not going to buy imported beer anymore because it's never fresh. For example, i bought 12 carlings last week and printed on the side of the box was a promotion to win free tickets to the euro 2008 tournament. The sh!t goes stale before it even gets across the ocean.

I drive down the street to the Brick Brewery to get my beer right from the factory now. I know it has been kept refridgerated the moment after it was bottled. If i have extra money, i will buy the good micro stuff like Precise1. (Creemore Springs is my favourite)

edit- i just checked the wiki article on creemore springs and it looks like a$$-breath molson bought them up too :angry:

Edited by skrillaguerilla

Hmm, doesn't sound bad to me... Stella or Buttwiper, not a hard choice for me. I generally stick with microbrew or premium beer so this doesn't really concern me. Might be interesting though... :shrug:

B

haha you said it brotha. i wonder if our domestic piss beers will get any better as a result or stay the same?

I imagine it will stay the same but you will start seeing more of their "specialty" and belgium style beers around. When I went to Sea World and went to the "Anheuser-Busch" area and there was a lot of different style beers that were great...They had an Amber-bock that was really good along with some summer beers. I don't even think they had budweiser on tap...

It'll be interesting to see if there is a price hop in the lower grade beers or if they cut out Busch or Natural Light b/c as "watery" bud and bud light are they arent the lowest grade Anheuser-Busch InBev products

When I went to Sea World and went to the "Anheuser-Busch" area and there was a lot of different style beers that were great...They had an Amber-bock that was really good along with some summer beers. I don't even think they had budweiser on tap...

They have such an area at Sea World???

Ill be headed there this weekend as a result of this post!

They say "2 samples" but me and the gf had probably 10-15 (not full 12 oz beers though) each and only had one of the people behind the bar say "you've had more than 2 beers" but he was like this 80 yr old man and gave us beer anyways...I good and ready for Shamoo Rocks at night...

It was called the Anheuser-Busch Hospitality Center

I liked Bud beers, I doubt they'll be any good anymore. I bet the first thing InBev does is cut production cost (ie, eliminate higher quality ingredients). Why not ruin all the Bush family beers, because then they might sell more of their own core beers right?

I'm going to spend the next 6 months finding a new "drinking beer", and hope I can get used to another one before they totally ruin Bud.

You guys might have the cash to buy $8.00 6 packs of beer, but that's an occasional thing for me. I drink Bud Select like water (ie I never get drunk, and don't drink to be drunk, but can drink 12 in a single night) so $8.00 for 12 is a much more in the budget . If I go to the Irish pub, or the German Weiner Haus I'll drink the good import draft with dinner, but they are nothing that I would want to drink a lot of.

I feel ya, Greg. I enjoy makin Bud jokes but dont mistake me for a hater. If somebody rolls up with a pack of cold Buds, I wont hesitate to pour a few down my throat. The way I look at beer - if its cold and has alcohol in it, and it isnt rotten, its fine to drink.

The one thing I cant stand is people who discriminate against certain beers so much that they wont drink it. A guy I work with loves his Miller lite and will drink nothing else. I once brought a cold 12 pack of Stella Artois to work, he took a sip and exclaimed on how disgusting the beer is, said it tastes old like its from 1366 (the date on the bottle) I found this disturbing. Why anyone would attempt at such a mockery, while thinking that Miller lite is the best beer out there, is WAYYY beyond me.

Sure, Bud and Miller are nowhere near the top of my list, but if someone brings it over as their choice of beer, the last thing ill ever do is make a mockery of it. The first thing ill do is thank him for offering it and drink a few!

I love beer!

Edited by FUELER

I drink beer (I dont care for guiness all that much but i'll drink it)

Hell I paid $10 for a 6 pack of Dixie Beer the other week b/c I like that beer and this is the only place i've seen it besides LA

I like getting microbrews and Belgium beers (like chimey or Delierum along with stella and others) and they're like $8 per beer but its like a pint and some change and 9% by volume with great flavor so its good to have time to time...

Now if i'm going to get tanked I grab whatevers on sale coores original, bud heavy, or MGD/Lite and pound a case or more of them but that doesnt happen too much

My favorite beers are my GF's bosses stouts that he brews and bottles in his garage

You guys might have the cash to buy $8.00 6 packs of beer, but that's an occasional thing for me. I drink Bud Select like water

Yeah, I like the microbrews and probably spend more on them than I should, but I REALLY like good beer!!! I'm not opposed to other more mass produced beer, but I generally want it to have good flavor. To me, most of the cheap 'American' beer honestly does not taste good or taste at all. Sure, in a pinch I'd drink some, but water would do just as well. This summer when it's hot and I'm working in the yard I'll get some Pacifico, Pyramid or Sam Adams Hefeweisen, even Amstel light like last week.

Stella, Blue Moon and a variety of white beers are a standby. Prankster Belgian Ale is my favorite.

When I'm thirsty, I'll drink water. When I drink beer, I have my standards. To each their own... :shrug:

The one thing I cant stand is people who discriminate against certain beers so much that they wont drink it. A guy I work with loves his Miller lite and will drink nothing else. I once brought a cold 12 pack of Stella Artois to work, he took a sip and exclaimed on how disgusting the beer is, said it tastes old like its from 1366 (the date on the bottle) I found this disturbing. Why anyone would attempt at such a mockery, while thinking that Miller lite is the best beer out there, is WAYYY beyond me.

Does he wear a baseball cap with NASCAR on it??? :)

B

I don't discriminate against any that I do like....I have tried beers from just about every country that brews a beer. I don't care for Asian, Middle Eastern, or African beers (of the ones I have tried at least....) European and American (North, Central and South) I'm usually 50/50 on. I can't stand beers that are over hopped or too yeasty.

As for stouts, those are a completely different thing. First of all Guiness is nasty, the Guiness Brewery does make good stout, but not that one, Smithwicks is SO much better. A good German one is Schmitt's, it's smoother than most pales.

Im so sick of Guiness. My neighbor across the hallway is from Ireland so all i hear all day is terrible punk rock irish music, and guiness this guiness that. All he drinks is Guinness. Crazy!!!

In college we went to this bar almost every saturday night for "beer poker" and it was $2.00 and they'd just grab a bottled beer out of the cooler so you never knew what you got and most of the times you got a great beer...but sometimes there were some beers you had to choke down

Here's a list of their beers right now:

http://www.beerknurd.com/store.sub.php?store=11&sub=beer

loc_photo.jpg

I miss that place...and the waitresses always wore mini skirts/kilts and low cut shirts and were always lookin good...I remember one night going in there after working on the pathy all day and not even taking a shower and throwing on a lil DO to cover the BO and the waitress was all getting off on the "musky" smell and kept buying me beers and trying to get me back to the bathroom with her...my roommate was pissed b/c he spent like $30 and I spent like $20 with a $10 tip...good times...

Well, I guess it just another American Icon going away. Luckily I dont drink a lot of Bud. My wife likes Bud light, and I will drink it if there is nothing else. Mostly I stick to smaller or west coast beers. Redhook and Henrys is the staple. But, I hear you GG, sometimes cheaper beer gets the job done. For me, and I really dont know why, PBR is the choice. I absolutly refuse to drink anything by Miller. That fantastic company bought the Olympia Brewery, then shut it down a little over a year later. They put a couple of thousand people out of a job without blinking. This entire area was behind Miller. Now, Its hard to find a supporter. Anyway, Ill stick to the local brews......