VH45 Swap & SAS Update (Merged Threads)

Thanks everybody.

The fitting on the back of the head was actually a worthwhile upgrade. The stock hoses come straight out the back and have to make a sharp turn. My engine is so close to the firewall that these hoses eventually cracked and fortunately not while it was running!! The other ugly tube next to this one got a weld on AN bung and the same type of fitting.

Here's stock configuration.

IMG_4658.jpg

Hey Tyler,

Did you figure out your front coil setup? From the pics it looks like it's just the shocks on there. Just wondering how high this thing is going to be.

Hey Tyler,

Did you figure out your front coil setup? From the pics it looks like it's just the shocks on there. Just wondering how high this thing is going to be.

Well...the front WAS figured out. Until I got the brilliant idea that I'll post up about here in a minute. In all the pictures so far I've got my Swayaway coilovers mounted without springs. They're actually holding up the front end of the car on the coilovers with no springs. I'm trying to keep it as low as I can but it's not proving to be easy.

Excellent work Tyler,

Get that atlas going in! :beer:

Thanks to your advice AA is sending me a new plate that is countersunk. Less work for me is always a good thing!!

Can't wait to get the Atlas in. Gotta finish the engine and front end and then start with the rest of the drivetrain. It's a good conversation piece for the living room, though!

I finally did what I've been wanting to do for the past year and brought my Pathfinder to my house. I don't have to go across town to work on it so I should start getting a lot more done. It was interesting getting it towed to my house without a rear axle but with the help of a few pallets, spare tires, ratchet straps, car dollies, and a tow truck it's now sitting in my garage.

I spent almost an entire day scraping the glue out of every seam in the engine bay. I got about half the engine by seam welded before one of my roommates asked me why I was even bothering with keeping the front clip. Not sure why I didn't think of this earlier!!! Oh well..just a wasted day of work.

The entire engine bay is stripped since I was going to seam weld everything and re-paint the engine bay. Instead I'm just going to cut a lot of it out and build a tube front clip but keep the Pathfinder body panels. I'm going to change my 3-link to a 4-link and finally get rid of the track bar that never quite fit right. I wish I'd have thought of this before I cut up the truss but it can be repaired.

I stripped all of factory brake, clutch, and fuel lines while I was at it. I didn't intend on replacing them but after looking at the factory brake plumbing it was ridiculously complicated! Mainly because of the load-sensing valve so I'm starting over there.

IMG_4706.jpg

IMG_4700.jpg

IMG_4701.jpg

Nice. So your going to triangulate the four link up front? Where do you plan on mounting the links to? are you going to make a custom crossmember for the tranny and attatch them to that? I'm very intrested in this build, this ish is bad ass!

Sooo....any more progress, or are we going to teased till our balls turn blue? Haha, joking...Gosh!

Can't wait to see how this tube front end is going to turn out.