Sunken WD

89pathfinder

saw the commercial last night and yep its a 2dr WD white with grey stripes...my buddy that was over who has a fronty was like dude theres a sunk nissan as it flashed up on the screen...that looks like a cold job rather than dirty....

which one of you guys drove on the ice too late in the season up there in canada?

I bet it could run again too with a new ECU..... :D

Heck, as long as the battery wasn't connected when it went in, if the ECU (and everything else) was dried out I bet it would run. (Presuming it was freshwater.)

Watched it earlier, they pulled it up and it rolled of the lift rig. Guess it went straight to a J-Yard afterward.

Front clip still looked good, lol. Was alot less involved than I would have thought. Float it, winch it on to that rig, tilt the rig, tow it off the ice. Pretty cool really. I wonder what that whole operation costs?

Heck, as long as the battery wasn't connected when it went in, if the ECU (and everything else) was dried out I bet it would run. (Presuming it was freshwater.)

Actually, it seems if you turn the truck off, before the ECU gets soaked, it will (or at least, can) live. SkinnyPedal swamped his rig twice last year, once we were able to get her running again, after drying out the ECU with WD40, and paper towels.

The second time, we had no such luck....it was fried.

hmmm.... the old engineering mind is visioning a modified toilet bowl float to cut power to the ECU in the event of flooding....

ring ring...

..Hello?

Hey McGyver... I've got a new one for ya...

Actually, it seems if you turn the truck off, before the ECU gets soaked, it will (or at least, can) live. SkinnyPedal swamped his rig twice last year, once we were able to get her running again, after drying out the ECU with WD40, and paper towels.

The second time, we had no such luck....it was fried.

Yeah, we had no such luck with a friend of mine's Hardbody when it got swamped. Tried to dry/clean the ECU, but it was too late. My 88's is in tuperware now.