What tyres should i put on my wd21

RowdoggNZ

Stock standard wd21 no lift

First upgrade i wanna do is mud tyres and i have no idea what to look for, im told it will probably run 31's

Someone please enlighten me and explain to me what i'm looking for in tyres, quite new to the 4wd scene.

terrano1wf7.th.jpg

Edited by RowdoggNZ

It will run 31's stock.

MT's are great, but not if you're going to go wheeling only once or twice a year. A good AT tire will serve you far better if that's the case.

That said, just about any aggressive mudder will do well on the trail. Most are sh!t on snow/ice/slush, and barely adequate in the rain.

The BFG AT/KO's and the Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo's are both excellent tires, quite good off road, and still have good road manners.

i beg to differ on the snow and slush part. agree on the rest. :)

Allow me to clarify

DEEP snow yes.

Hard pack, shallow snow, no.

I haven't really found mine great in slush either. However, I hadn't aired them down from my summer pressure when I did try them out, as I was switching tires anyways. :shrug:

31's will be just fine, maybe you need to re-index the torsion bar a bit to even up the ride. I have PROCOMP AT, so far so good. I don't really do hardcore wheeling, just backroads around the LA FORest and sand exploring around NEvada. When picking your tire, take into account the terrain that you are going, also on road and off road usage. Good luck

So i'm wanting AT then. Oh and slightly noobish but that stands for Aggressive Tread or All Terrain lol? It will probably be like a 75% / 25% onroad/offroad ratio :( Unfortunately, its my only car so its my everyday driver so i can't afford to trash it :P

It will run 31's stock.

MT's are great, but not if you're going to go wheeling only once or twice a year. A good AT tire will serve you far better if that's the case.

That said, just about any aggressive mudder will do well on the trail. Most are sh!t on snow/ice/slush, and barely adequate in the rain.

The BFG AT/KO's and the Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo's are both excellent tires, quite good off road, and still have good road manners.

Just to translate for the Kiwi The Revo's are called D694's here Good all round tyre, just look at some of Pezzy's vids :aok:

420.jpg

If you wanted something cheaper Bridgestone 604V's are not too shabby Kinda "S" tread pattern.

217.jpg

AT's = All terrain

MT's = Mud terrain

When I put my 31's on I had to remove my front mud flaps.

Yeah, aggresive tread is good for that, what they don't do well on is hard pack and ice.

Allow me to clarify

DEEP snow yes.

Hard pack, shallow snow, no.

I haven't really found mine great in slush either. However, I hadn't aired them down from my summer pressure when I did try them out, as I was switching tires anyways. :shrug:

ok, let's add this too: MTs kinda suck on wet pavement.

I will add that the revo's have EXCELLENT road manners, in my experience.