Why can everyone else but me do this?

Nissyota88

Because he's got a stick and not an auto?

If you want to do it (and be a moron), pour some bleach on the tires and ground and watch the fun. Burnouts in a Pathy are hard on parts.

why bleach? ya i realize its really touchy when the ground is wet.. woops didnt know about the parts thing

Bleach makes a lot more smoke and it makes it easier to spin up the tires.

Of course, you have to replace the tires after using bleach... but you were going to have to do that anyway.

Oh, and don't think I drive like granny. I'm apparently the only person here who drives their Pathy hard enough *on the street* to break both my front sway bar mounts.

Edited by GhostPath

hmm ranks me as a moron...but we added bleach for more smoke (didn't really tell a difference from the dry run to the bleached run) but the tires were completely bald and wanted to lower the K of the rubber to the concrete (thats another point to make me a moron b/c concrete burnouts are easy ways to break parts)

Auto's are easier for the burn IMO b/c a powerbrake is all you need... the stick is a lil more tricky...you just have to operate the brake/clutch/gas with only 2 feet...not too hard...I did mine foot hard on brake and heel on gas then ease out the clutch and ramp up the gas with the heel then once it was out...left foot on brake right on gas then either a quick shift to 2nd/feathered gas or another heal toe shift

to reduce wear on rear drums the rear brake lines can be disconnected which will shoot fluid on the ground and cause for a bleeding...or you can get line locks to do the same..

all in all mine was the day B4 getting new tires and the tires were in stock (made sure in case I had a blow out) which when I got there the next day the guy was laughing his ass off at the slicks that I brought in and flaking rubber out of the wheel wells

this is also a good way to check the life of the clutch...if the force required to overcome the friction between the tires and ground is greater than that of the clutch disk to flywheel the clutch will slip instead of spinning the tires...(my 95 had slipped on me a couple times driving and I felt it was getting week and one night felt stupid and attempted a burnout and this is how I realized my clutch was done...I drove it for 1000 more miles then replaced it and it was for sure done

Edited by unccpathfinder

to reduce wear on rear drums the rear brake lines can be disconnected which will shoot fluid on the ground and cause for a bleeding...or you can get line locks to do the same..

or just crimp the rubber flex hose with vise grips....

That usually doesn't work out so well, given the typical age of a Pathfinder. You're likely to rupture the line.

Bad idea, whether for playing or when changing our your brakes. Don't crimp that line. Would you want to risk damaging it and having it blow the next time you have to make a panic stop?

Mine does a nice burn with the 5sp and LockRight locker. Not so good for the mud terrains though. Sorry, no pic.

Edited by Mr. Pickles

Hmm, seems to me that the last kid that posted a video of his burnouts and bragged about drag racing needed a new automagic tranny within a few months. Then I think he wrecked it...

Oh well, he wanted to be a ricer anyway. :rolleyes:

B

Oh, I'm right with Mr P on this one. Do not monkey with your brake system!! :nono:

(vicegrips on the lines is more ass than monkey. Still in the animal kingdom though... :aok: )

if you wanna do a burnout. go rent a car, do a burn out, video it, take it back and all is well. pathy's are not ricers, not built for burn outs and other "uncommon" strains on their axels/engine/braking components.

NEVER monkey with brake lines....... it'll come back to bite you in the ass when you really need them.

how come everyone is associating burnouts with ricers? I dont call most american make vehicles ricers...and in fact the "pathy" is a rice burner but its not riced out for me unless its dropped, got lots of bass, fart cannon and some eniki wheels with low profiles some include hydro's/airbags that are used for pointless tasks....

Riced Pathy:

how come everyone is associating burnouts with ricers? I dont call most american make vehicles ricers...and in fact the "pathy" is a rice burner but its not riced out for me unless its dropped, got lots of bass, fart cannon and some eniki wheels with low profiles some include hydro's/airbags that are used for pointless tasks....

Riced Pathy:

OMG :suicide:

That aint a ricer.. thats some mex toy :tonguefinger:

how come everyone is associating burnouts with ricers?

because it's easier than typing "doing burn outs in an suv that was not built for that kind of treatment."

and how many guys at the light in SUV's do you see doing burnouts to the ratio of "riced out" cars? :tongue:

and sideshows...........

Edited by Slick

Riced Pathy:

Not rice. Lowrider. There's a difference. Lowriders trade wings and body kits for hydraulics and fuzzy dashboard covers.

Lowrider/ricer its all the same to me b/c where I came from your ricers were the lowriders and proceeded to rip their body kits off doing something stupid...

now a tuner is different than a ricer as long as they're doing the tuning without all the stupid upgrades that are pointless

Can anyone give me proof that doing a burnout in the pathy is more detrimental than offroading? I'm just curious to everone's philosophy on that...b/c I see doing a power braked burnout less stressful on the drivelines than say getting stuck in a mudhole or on rocks and trying to power over them as long as you watch engine speed and eliminate the rear brakes and tire wear issue

b/c from a mechanical standpoint after you overcome the Cf of the tire to pavement you have relieved the stress in the drive line unless you introduce wheel hop or a sudden stop...I only know 1 guy that has eaten 4 transmissions and they were all due to wheel hop and a locker along with upgraded engine drive shaft and rear end but no upgraded tranny...but sinceh e got a custom built tranny he hasn't blown it up since it's built to handle the power/torque/abuse

Can anyone give me proof that doing a burnout in the pathy is more detrimental than offroading?

IMO... off roading is something we do for fun/pleasure. some of don't wheel real hard, some do.... personal choice there....... but it's a sport we go out and do.

doing a burnout is a fairly pointless activity in a pathy (in your case, hehe, a good way to waste off them old tires lol).... yes, both things are not going to make a pathy last any longer, but 1 is a sport we enjoy doing at some level or another.... and the other is something some folks do to have a good laugh or roast some tires and get a video on youtube.......

you KNOW i am not knocking you, i guess i am just old and don't see the point in burnouts, doesn't mean to say i am going to call someone stupid for doing it....... as long as it's not in any of MY trucks, have at it if it floats yer boat :D

Riced Pathy:

This just aint right! Call the SPCP!

That is cruelty to pathfinders

IMO... off roading is something we do for fun/pleasure. some of don't wheel real hard, some do.... personal choice there....... but it's a sport we go out and do.

doing a burnout is a fairly pointless activity in a pathy (in your case, hehe, a good way to waste off them old tires lol).... yes, both things are not going to make a pathy last any longer, but 1 is a sport we enjoy doing at some level or another.... and the other is something some folks do to have a good laugh or roast some tires and get a video on youtube.......

you KNOW i am not knocking you, i guess i am just old and don't see the point in burnouts, doesn't mean to say i am going to call someone stupid for doing it....... as long as it's not in any of MY trucks, have at it if it floats yer boat :D

I agree 100%

You tell them. SISTA!!

Mark

you KNOW i am not knocking you, i guess i am just old and don't see the point in burnouts, doesn't mean to say i am going to call someone stupid for doing it....... as long as it's not in any of MY trucks, have at it if it floats yer boat biggrin.gif

ohh no I agree...its not like everytime i got in the pathy it was lets tear'em down...it was I'm getting new tires lets drink a 12pack and kill the tires...I was just curious as to why everyone was saying it was going to break the pathy...I have driven the pure dog@!*% out of both of mine on and offroad and they keep taking the punishment and I know i've roasted 2 clutchs offroad (they were already weak)...

as long as it's not in any of MY trucks

does that include the Uhaul trucks? :tongue: we burned some off of the penske truck that I drove out here just to see if it could do it...but yea I'm not no rootin tootin youngin...I just like the smell of burnt rubber now and then and no the pathy isnt the best vehicle for it but when its at your disclosure then thats what you got to go with...but I have also done the test drive and ask the salesman if it'll spin the tires and hwen he says yea you argue back and he says do it then you just power break it and they get pissed...but those were in the younger days too...although I made the toyota guy about piss his pants when I drove my camry...he told me the cut out was 135 and I asked if I could check that and he said yea...at 115 he frantically asked me to slow down...

tires aren't cheap and its not worth it unless they're dead and your bored and have nothing better to do...I just now have to get the chevelle sometime...

ohh no I agree...its not like everytime i got in the pathy it was lets tear'em down...it was I'm getting new tires lets drink a 12pack and kill the tires...I was just curious as to why everyone was saying it was going to break the pathy...I have driven the pure dog@!*% out of both of mine on and offroad and they keep taking the punishment and I know i've roasted 2 clutchs offroad (they were already weak)...

does that include the Uhaul trucks? :tongue: we burned some off of the penske truck that I drove out here just to see if it could do it...but yea I'm not no rootin tootin youngin...I just like the smell of burnt rubber now and then and no the pathy isnt the best vehicle for it but when its at your disclosure then thats what you got to go with...but I have also done the test drive and ask the salesman if it'll spin the tires and hwen he says yea you argue back and he says do it then you just power break it and they get pissed...but those were in the younger days too...although I made the toyota guy about piss his pants when I drove my camry...he told me the cut out was 135 and I asked if I could check that and he said yea...at 115 he frantically asked me to slow down...

tires aren't cheap and its not worth it unless they're dead and your bored and have nothing better to do...I just now have to get the chevelle sometime...

lmao. no u haul trucks! :nono: they get abused enuff ty :laugh:

although I made the toyota guy about piss his pants when I drove my camry...he told me the cut out was 135 and I asked if I could check that and he said yea...at 115 he frantically asked me to slow down...

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH :chairfall::chairfall: