camber adjustment bolts...

I have been looking and summit racing has three different ones listed here http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.as...+115+4294925130 two by ingalls engineering and one by moog. Then AC ones for 30 bucks on their websites. Which one is going to be best with my two inch lift, and do I just get one pair or how many pairs will I need?

Also, can anyone tell me if this is the strut mount thing that KYB has a garbage version of? http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.as...+115+4294925130 If this isn't the right one, which one is it and where should I get this?

Im probably going to lift mine in the next couple of weeks...

Thanks,

Mike

Edited by laxman0324

go with the ingalls from summit, same bolts as AC sells at less than half the cost. Thats what I have and they're great quality.

Which one? They have two different kinds there...one says up to three degrees positive camber and the other says up to 2 + or -

Mike, depending on the lift you go with you may not need them. I have OME and ended up not needing any. Camber was in spec. Can't say for the AC springs.

Im getting AC springs. I figured after I get the lift installed after a week or two ill get the alignment done and give them to the alignment shop to install. Thanks for all the advice. And Vengeful: you mean 2 pairs, not 4 pairs right? They are sold in pairs for 18 bucks, and 4x4parts.com said you needed two pairs.

Thanks for all your help. Now does anyone have a good place to get the strut bearings? 50 a piece is a good amount and Im hoping i can find them a little bit cheaper

Im getting AC springs. I figured after I get the lift installed after a week or two ill get the alignment done and give them to the alignment shop to install. Thanks for all the advice. And Vengeful: you mean 2 pairs, not 4 pairs right? They are sold in pairs for 18 bucks, and 4x4parts.com said you needed two pairs.

Thanks for all your help. Now does anyone have a good place to get the strut bearings? 50 a piece is a good amount and Im hoping i can find them a little bit cheaper

$29 - Courtesy Parts usually has really good pricing and the parts mgr my local Nissan dealership will always match their prices (and most online prices in general).

*Edit - Actually nissanparts.org has them for $26 each. Not too bad if you can get your local Nissan dealership to match.

Edited by rod_b

Thanks a lot rod...i must have clicked on something else on their site that wasnt the right part, it was called strut mount.

Yeah, I hate the way it's labeled...BEARING STRUT-MOUNTING. Strange. Anyway, try going here and clicking on the part. It's actually kinda nice to just click on the picture rather than trying to figure out whether their description make sense or not.

I got my bolts from K-mac in australia. They are a lot beefier the the others i've seen. Check em out at K-Mac suspension

Wow they certainly seem impressive, but it seems like all of theirs are for cars...might shoot them an email for pricing. How much did yours cost and then how much was shipping? Also, they said they will custom make any coils, so it might be worth it to see what kind of estimate they could come up with...

Man that was three years ago...i don't remember how much. i tried to find the part number too but no deal.....I can't remember an hour ago never mind three years. If your not doing any hardcore off roading then the ones from AC should be fine, but i'm a stickler for beefy steel parts that hold my truck together.

You shouldnt need 2 pairs in my opinion. I would just get one pair and put one bolt in each of the top mounting holes and keep the bottom bolt as an anchor. You should be able to get all the adjustment you need with just one camber bolt. But it seems like every other pathfinder needs no camber bolts, needs 4 bolts or only needs 2.. So which ever one works out best for you. I say if you can get away with just one pair do that.

I have the AC lift with a 3/4 steel spacer and got away with just 1 set at the top, "small modification at the bottom on the passenger side". This is what my alignment guy said...he is the man so....what he says goes for me! You just gotta find a shop that does exactly what they are supposed to, all the time.

Edited by 02silverpathy

I have the AC lift with a 3/4 steel spacer and got away with just 1 set at the top, "small modification at the bottom on the passenger side". This is what my alignment guy said...he is the man so....what he says goes for me! You just gotta find a shop that does exactly what they are supposed to, all the time.

Well what shop do you go to for alignments? If I can get away with one id like to try but Id rather go to someone I know is good...make a day trip out of it...btw:what part of MD are you located in? I live up by Bel Air but go to UMD at College Park

• 3 weeks later...

Honestly, I think a bolt is what It is no matter who makes it! I went to a specialty harware store with my old bolt and bought 4 new ones that were longer to allow for more ajustment. I got them in full hardened conditon (grade 10+ equivelant) and I only paid 23 bucks for them.

Honestly, I think a bolt is what It is no matter who makes it! I went to a specialty harware store with my old bolt and bought 4 new ones that were longer to allow for more ajustment. I got them in full hardened conditon (grade 10+ equivelant) and I only paid 23 bucks for them.

Does anyone else have any opinion on this? I can grab them from work (Home Depot) and not have to mess with the online ones if these will work fine...

Does anyone else have any opinion on this? I can grab them from work (Home Depot) and not have to mess with the online ones if these will work fine...

I have never seen cam bolts at the hardware store.

I have never seen cam bolts at the hardware store.

Well Ive heard from a couple members saying that I can get bolts that will work at the hardware store...im still waiting for some others to confirm or deny this

• 1 month later...

Any final answer on the camber bolt issue? Can they be matched at a local hardware store? How many do you need? Should you just let the shop put them on when you have an alignment done? Is an alignment needed after the AC lift?

Any final answer on the camber bolt issue? Can they be matched at a local hardware store? How many do you need? Should you just let the shop put them on when you have an alignment done? Is an alignment needed after the AC lift?

Camber adjustment bolts definitely are NOT available at your local hardware store. They're a specialty fastener that is often vehicle-specific. You need at least 1 bolt per side if you need camber adjustment at all. In some cases, camber adjustment may not be needed. It depends on your truck. In all cases, after the AC lift is installed, an alignment to correct the toe is necessary, since the front wheels will be toed-in.

if you actually bothered to look at a camber bolt, you would very quickly know that they are not available at the hardware shop

KCA414.jpg

Edited by sw