Garage clearance

LandShark

Question for you guys with 3+3" on 33's with a roof rack. How tall is your truck at the highest point? Curious how much clearance there is from top of roof rack to standard height garage? :beer:

Suspension lifts will most likely vary for everyone, depending on the amount of weight in the cargo area, amount of fuel, age of coil springs, and what type were used, as well as how much the t-bars have been cranked for front height. I'm sure you'll be fine. Just measure with a measuring tape.

Suspension lifts will most likely vary for everyone, depending on the amount of weight in the cargo area, amount of fuel, age of coil springs, and what type were used, as well as how much the t-bars have been cranked for front height. I'm sure you'll be fine. Just measure with a measuring tape.

Thanks. I'm not really asking all the different ways a suspension lift can vary, and I know about measuring tapes. I'm just curious on someones trucks overall height.

Edited by LandShark

Question for you guys with 3+3" on 33's with a roof rack. How tall is your truck at the highest point? Curious how much clearance there is from top of roof rack to standard height garage? :beer:

I have 3+3 and 32" tires. if you look at my picture, my Cb antenna just scrubs the top of my garage door when I drive into my garage. As you can see the tip of the CB antenna is well above the rest of the car. The CB antenna is approx 1.5 inches higher than my garage door. It looks like the front antenna is taller than the back one, that is not the case it just looks that way in the picture.

t_PICT0550m_c283221.jpg

Mark

Edited by msavides

Mine is this tall. I'm 5'10" or so.

tomandpathy5.jpg

I had to air down to 10 psi and flip the CB antenna down to get it into my garage. hehe

Stand up straight, and quit slouching man! Sheesh... :laugh:

I have 3+3 and 31's. The roof rack + lights = 7" tall, on top of a Yakima crossbar and tower setup. All-together, I'm looking at 6'9"-ish. Are you worried about fitting into a garage regularly, or just occassionally for repairs and stuff? If its the latter, I just push my door up an extra few inches on the track (no opener, its an old garage). If you have an opener, and just need to get it in occassionally, you can release the door from the opener and push up and/or lower your tire pressure to *shrink* the truck.

Yeah I've been wondering how i'd be able to go into parking garages and malls and stuff if lifted it.
Sometimes, you just won't fit in parking garages, plain and simple. You'll probably want to measure your truck and remember the magic number. I've had a few times where I've bumped up against the height guide on the way in and had to back out. Oh well, circle around and find another place to park. :)

I have 3+3 and 32" tires. if you look at my picture, my Cb antenna just scrubs the top of my garage door when I drive into my garage. As you can see the tip of the CB antenna is well above the rest of the car. The CB antenna is approx 1.5 inches higher than my garage door. It looks like the front antenna is taller than the back one, that is not the case it just looks that way in the picture.

t_PICT0550m_c283221.jpg

Mark

Just measured mine. it is 6'1" to the top of the rear window wind deflector. it is exactly 7ft tall to the top of my CB antenna.

Wow Slick I guess you were right Mine is about as tall as King.

Mark

Wow Slick I guess you were right Mine is about as tall as King.

Mark

oh, i didn't measure king.. i was guessing lmao! and seems it's a pretty close guess... king can't be more than 1" taller than your rig....

Edited by Slick

Sometimes, you just won't fit in parking garages, plain and simple. You'll probably want to measure your truck and remember the magic number. I've had a few times where I've bumped up against the height guide on the way in and had to back out. Oh well, circle around and find another place to park. :)

I had that happen to me on prom night in the r50 even though its stock. When i went into the VIP parking area, the sign slapped against the roof rack, and attracted attention from a bunch of people :lol: The truck cleared the roof of the place by like an inch haha

If it was at a mall parking garage i'd just go in and park on the highest level which is usually not covered. Thats how it is at a few malls here, as the height guide is before you even hit the ramp. So, if you just keep going around, you'll get to the top and have a crap load of spots to choose from cause nobody parks up there!