Knight Rider Three Thousand

Kittamaru

Here is the link to that TA concept.

http://www.customcarland.com/2007/10/17/new-trans-am-pics/

I like it but it needs some refinement. We will see what actually comes out. I'd own one but just not sure If I will ever buy a car for myself again. I like trucks too much. I got the fast car phase out of me when I had my Camaro SS. Although I do miss that car so who knows

Yeah, I watched a good chunk of that movie. I would have to say it was quite "hoky" much like the original Knight Rider. Thats what made 80's tv shows like that fun to watch(A-Team,Miami Vice, McGuyver). I was quite surprised to see the Hoff in it as I thought he didnt want to be associated with the show anymore. I could be wrong. The Mustang is sweet. Yes, it would of been nice to see a T/A, but the mustang is a big seller now. Any car thats in a TV show is going to be popular, expecially muscle cars(or modern muscle). A lot of people want a new Camaro after they watched Transformers. But its not for sale. Oh well, it was kind of fun to watch. Reminded me of being a kid.

I was assuming an old GT500 mate - like a 1966 or so. I was saying that particular model would trash any pontiac of similar age you threw at it. Especially considering the aftermarket love those things got.

Didn't catch the re-do, I was just too busy. Plus these re-do's usually end up blowing serious chunks. Gotta love the original though, I saw KITT as a kid, I think at Universal Studios, I can't remember. That was pretty cool for a kid, and you could talk to it and ask questions. (sample: "Why don't you have tires rated for your top speed?") :D

LOL at that 2011 TA. That thing looks like Pimp My Ride turned loose on a freakin Saturn. I wouldn't mind a new Camaro though... ;)

LOL at that 2011 TA. That thing looks like Pimp My Ride turned loose on a freakin Saturn. I wouldn't mind a new Camaro though... ;)

I think they're both fugly, I'd take a skyline or Z over one of them any day. Yeah, im pretty brand loyal :shiftyeyes:

I think they're both fugly, I'd take a skyline or Z over one of them any day. Yeah, im pretty brand loyal :shiftyeyes:

Talk about fugly! The old ones were pretty, the new thing looks like a car designer puked and someone produced it.

Personally I don't like the shelby its a stang gt with a bigger motor and a supercharger, they gave it 200 more hp and didnt touch the brakes or suspention or diff so like most stangs its really fast in a line but not so good in the bends. this should sum it up a little http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0s4OAMISN4...feature=related

Personally I don't like the shelby its a stang gt with a bigger motor and a supercharger, they gave it 200 more hp and didnt touch the brakes or suspention or diff so like most stangs its really fast in a line but not so good in the bends. this should sum it up a little http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0s4OAMISN4...feature=related

I'm pretty sure they did do suspension and brake work, and at least give it a LSD if the GT doesn't have it, at least thats what their site says. Ive never had a problem with it but could find a much better investment with that money (like a G37 with some big mods)

• 4 weeks later...
I'm pretty sure they did do suspension and brake work, and at least give it a LSD if the GT doesn't have it, at least thats what their site says. Ive never had a problem with it but could find a much better investment with that money (like a G37 with some big mods)

G37 would be good or a GTO 6 speed b/c the auto that GM puts in it well its not very good. Also for that money you can pick up a C5 vette Z06 or a WS6 or Camaro SS and mod them out. I know you can easly and for cheap make 420hp out of an LS1 with just header, exhust, intake, chip, and intake manifold. Then you can get new heads from GM proformance off the LS6 or 7 and and a cam and hit +500

G37 would be good or a GTO 6 speed b/c the auto that GM puts in it well its not very good. Also for that money you can pick up a C5 vette Z06 or a WS6 or Camaro SS and mod them out. I know you can easly and for cheap make 420hp out of an LS1 with just header, exhust, intake, chip, and intake manifold. Then you can get new heads from GM proformance off the LS6 or 7 and and a cam and hit +500

Funny you say that my cousin has an 03 i believe GTO with the 5.7 and single exhaust (Why they did that i have no idea but it worked for him). He had intake, headers, and full exhaust and gained about 40 hp, took all that off and did a rear mount turbo setup and with 9 lb's of boost hes pushin just under 600hp, insane car. And he got it nice and cheap since half of my uncles and cousins on that side work for GM...

• 2 weeks later...
Funny you say that my cousin has an 03 i believe GTO with the 5.7 and single exhaust (Why they did that i have no idea but it worked for him). He had intake, headers, and full exhaust and gained about 40 hp, took all that off and did a rear mount turbo setup and with 9 lb's of boost hes pushin just under 600hp, insane car. And he got it nice and cheap since half of my uncles and cousins on that side work for GM...

Yeah a Turbo on any LS motor is just sick, STS turbo pretty much has the best just go to their web site (STSturbo.com) and look at some of the numbers. The only reason you really need that much power is bragging rights and badass burnouts.