Droolin'

jitterymonkey

I'm trying to talk the wife into buying it for me.

Told her it's an investment, JitterMonkey will pay twice that when tax returns come in. :)

You get it cheap enough,I just might pay you double.

But I have a feeling you and your 5yr old wouldn't want to give it up once you got it. :shiftyeyes:

He has a bad habit of making R/C's submersibles. I bought him a nice $50 R/C the first time he had it outside it was in the goldfish pond. I will probably never buy him another.

Just buy him a RC boat!! Then after that get him another RC truck or car!! Just dont buy him a plane or helicopter unless he is truly into them. I have a friend who is into RC planes. He spent like 6 months saving and building a plane and got to fly it twice before a nose dive into concrete at maximum velocity ruined his day. It's cool though he enjoys the building as much as the flying so more power to him.

Just buy him a RC boat!! Then after that get him another RC truck or car!! Just dont buy him a plane or helicopter unless he is truly into them. I have a friend who is into RC planes. He spent like 6 months saving and building a plane and got to fly it twice before a nose dive into concrete at maximum velocity ruined his day. It's cool though he enjoys the building as much as the flying so more power to him.

"Trainer" planes are simply a MUST if your going to get into that. They are nothing special, definitely not a "cool" plane, they don't do fancy tricks or fly super fast, they are some of the easiest to build and are simply learning tools, they behave well on the ground and in the air and they respond friendly to controls... they do exactly what they are meant to do, allow you to learn to fly without spending a ton of money on the plane. Trainers are relatively inexpensive.

Helicopters on the other hand are not generally user friendly, even the smaller ,less powerful ones can cost you a lot of money and can be hard to fly. I had a Kalt... Calt? (don't remember the exact spelling) Whisper, it was a electric smaller model.

I ended up rebuilding it twice before I even got it an inch of the ground... just trying to tune it in. A third time when I had it about 6-10in off the ground then for unknown reasons parts went flying :blink:

But still, both are a LOT of fun :aok: