My friend bought the wrong truck

GhostPath

Sorry about the picture quality, all I had on me was my camera phone.

01-13-08_1452.jpg

01-13-08_1455.jpg

01-13-08_1501.jpg

The F-350 had a fuel system problem and died two blocks from the gas station. Nothing we did including giving it 5 gallons of diesel worked, so I just towed it.

Two blocks.

In 4 low.

Very slowly.

But the PF towed it surprisingly easily. :D

Edited by GhostPath

Two blocks.

In 4 low.

Very slowly.

But the PF towed it surprisingly easily. :D

That no surprise, you used 4LO :togo:

But 4LO for two blocks on a high traction surface? *sigh*

2wd should have been able to do it... could have even used 4HI just to get going if need be (then shift out of 4 once moving) ;)

I used 4 low because it was a straight pull with no significant turns. 4 low is fine on dry pavement if you don't turn the wheels significantly. In addition, I had to get the thing up a hill and it wouldn't move without flooring it in high. :P You can't tell, but the F-350 is loaded up with metal scrap and lawncare implements.

Also, my transfer case will not shift on the move, not into or out of any range.

Edited by GhostPath

Well if you say you needed it then I dont doubt ya. I just think it is weird you needed 4-lo for the power even to get started. I pulled a tandem axle dump trailer that was fully loaded and inturn was too much to be pulling with my pathy and she did it fine with 2wd. Even going up hills. But I am not questioning you or your motives. You got the job done and that is what is important. did your buddy find out what was wrong with the fuel system on his ford?

I have a sneaky suspicion that the F-350 has a sticking brake or two.

The F-350 seems to be suffering from a multitude of problems; it had water in the forward tank, the rear tank pickup wasn't working, the filter is clogged even though it was just replaced last week and there's a diesel leak somewhere...

I have a sneaky suspicion that the F-350 has a sticking brake or two.

The F-350 seems to be suffering from a multitude of problems; it had water in the forward tank, the rear tank pickup wasn't working, the filter is clogged even though it was just replaced last week and there's a diesel leak somewhere...

See now that would explain a lot :aok:

Sounds like the prior owner of that truck needs slapped around a bit bitchslap.gif

park it where there is a lack of fire hydrants as it gives the dogs something to wiz on...

May as well be somewhat useful.

Ya bought a FORD... TUFF $hit... Walk!-)