2001 Body Lift Kits

MtnBikerX

check out these threads:

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=7192

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=4990

and the web site for the lifts is:

http://www.4x4parts.com/public_html/shop/i...age=shop/index2

with these lifts youll be able to get 31's with minor trimming and 32 with some pretty major trimming depending on width

Instead of giving him "You can't" answers, why not offer some solutions?

Fair enough but he should be a little more aware of his vehicle and what he would like to do with it. This has been discussed a lot on NPORA and a simple search would have given him the answers he is looking for. Suspension lifts are a pinned item at the top of the R50 page, a quick look through there and he should have realized that a body lift is not possible with these versions of the Pathfinder.

And good for csutke for posting some links, that will make it easier for all who do a search on body lifts for R50s.

Before you go spend a small fortune on an AC or OME lift, please consider the following:

Your camber will be altered, which is not adjustable without buying expensive camber bolts and getting an alignment by a professional. (one set didn't do it for me, some people might need two, depending on the bolt you buy)

You won't be able to fit tires larger than a 245/75/16 on factory rims (if they're the same as mine) without either buying expensive wheel spacers, or new rims with a backspacing of 3.75 or 4" (trust me i've tried)

Your struts may 'top out' going over bumps. (mine dont)

Your CV axles angles will be increased causing more aggressive wear on the joints and boots (i need to replace one)

If you opt for the 1" spacers to level the front end, you'll need to have the struts apart, hammer the studs out of your mounts and use longer bolts, which are a pain to install. Your cv axles are even more stressed and your camber is out again, so do this all at once.

Now go read all of the threads csutke posted. I'm not trying to discourage you, but I've had nothing but headaches from lifting this thing. On the plus side, it handles better and looks tougher.

Fair enough but he should be a little more aware of his vehicle and what he would like to do with it. This has been discussed a lot on NPORA and a simple search would have given him the answers he is looking for. Suspension lifts are a pinned item at the top of the R50 page, a quick look through there and he should have realized that a body lift is not possible with these versions of the Pathfinder.

And good for csutke for posting some links, that will make it easier for all who do a search on body lifts for R50s.

Very politically put...I agree 110%

I did the AC lift plus 1" strut spacers. I have 32's that fit with no major trimming at all, just cutting off some excess plastic. You will top-out but just go slow over speed bumps to avoid the trouble. That is why they are called speed bumps, supposed to slow down. A set of Warn hubs will do wonders for excessive wear to the CV's and they are very easy to install, not to mention they are pretty cheap.

Lift it, add some inexpensive steel rims and have fun. They are great rigs that will take you all over the place.