Intakes

norcalpathy

I was able to get my straight intake pipe setup using an ebay kit for the piping and couplers that was meant for VG33 Xterra/Frontier's. The kit comes with a heat shield also and 2 pipes but I only needed one to make it work.

Actually, there are several kits I've seen. I have a JWT popcharger intake (basically a K&N conical filter) that has worked well for several years and is CARB legal. The 01-04 version is currently for sale at courtesy nissan for $100 http://www.courtesyparts.com/Merchant2/mer...ode=PR501-1XCF6 (I have the earlier version on my 98). I'm sure I've saved money compared to regular filters with this thing, mine is still in perfect shape after 4+ years, cost me $100, and all I've had to do is buy 1 bottle of cleaning solution and filter oil this whole time. Note this is NOT water-crossing friendly, but does have a nice sound at WOT.

Hey Michigan, that link is for JUST a filter!

I think thats all the pop charger is, if you go to the manufacturers website...

ive been interested in this also, so let me get the options straight

weaponR intakes for 97-99 - $140-200 (two diff. kinds)

ebay for xterra - $90 on ebay

popcharger from mfr on courtesy parts - $150

ricer parts and k&n filter from autoxon - $70ish?

are there any others?

Just go to pepboys and build your own.

Ep892.jpg

Yeah but you've introduced two 90 degree bends in that set up. I've got a straight pipe set up with my JWT Popcharger by using pieces from that kit I got off Ebay for 3.3 Xterras/Frontiers.

Yeah but you've introduced two 90 degree bends in that set up. I've got a straight pipe set up with my JWT Popcharger by using pieces from that kit I got off Ebay for 3.3 Xterras/Frontiers.

The 4" 90 doesn't restrict a thing. I don't think I am missing anything performance wise.

Bends do create turbulence, but how the 4" tubing with two 90 degree bends in it compares with a straight 3" pipe, i have no idea...

well hopefully the local autozone has a straight pipe that will fit, if not im gonna have to go with the weaponR intake

Where is the Weapon R sold?

Will these fit a 97?

You can find them on various websites, including weaponR's website and ebay. On ebay search for pathfinder intake and go down to the stores section and check them. All are 200 or so plus shipping. The dragon intake is the cheaper one which i believe you can get for 130-140