Who says you don't need a pathy to drive to school and back ?

MadManMike

Me parked next to a 4-runner and a Isuzu trooper :)

1548618231_69d086765f_o.jpg

excuse the quality it's a cell phone pic

I go to highline community college here in WA state... and if you have ever gone there you know that the parking is horrible. To try and relieve the parking congestion the school opened up a vacant lot next to a paved parking lot for overflow, the problem is it's been raining the past few days and there is now a lot of mud there :) For me (and the other people with 4x4's) this is a bonus because we get all the parking we want... Only skilled drivers with front wheel drive sedans have been able to make it across it...

That just goes to prove why you need a 4x4 for every day driving.. (or at least I would like to think it does so I can justify my 13mpg in my head).

I know it's sad.. but I park there even when the lot isn't full :P and the funny part is other 4x4's will join me... we can't stay away from mud.

-Mike

Edited by MadManMike

WTF??? Tune up time, Check the ECU... I get 18 minimum regardless of how I drive...

Nice Parking BTW :tongue:

I will have you know I was the first one to park.... :) they parked funny not me...

oh and it's the loud leaky exhaust manifold that is eating my gas millage :) I just got done replacing the timing belt and the shocks and the starter... so the exhausts manifold is next... and probably a general tune up.. new spark plugs and cap and rotor ought to take care of it.

-Mike

Edited by MadManMike

i get about the same mileage. what is there to do w/ the ecu? i've never looked at mine so you're gonna have to explain it real good for me. lol.

Umm you got a 88 with TBI, you probably have a few clogged EGR tubes, You can check the ECU to see if it is throwing any codes... I never really did anything with my 88 other than drive it...

Leaking exhaust manifold will do that to you... up grade to some Thorley's....

Umm you got a 88 with TBI, you probably have a few clogged EGR tubes, You can check the ECU to see if it is throwing any codes... I never really did anything with my 88 other than drive it...

dang, that's probably true. about a month ago i went camping/ 4wheelin.

when i got back home there was SOOOO much dirt/dust in the engine compartment and in the air filter and stuff.

and since then i've been gettin like 3 less mpg.

i will DEFINITELY check that out soon.

Edited by StatutoryApe

You're right up the road, nice! (I'm down in Bonney Lake) I love that sort of parking around here. If you've ever been to the Great Wall in Renton (Asian mini-mall), they have similar parking out by E. Valley Hwy. I got some *concerned* looks while spinning the tires and sliding sideways and out one rainy and crowded Saturday morning not too long ago... ;)

Edited by Mr. Pickles

You're right up the road, nice! (I'm down in Bonney Lake) I love that sort of parking around here. If you've ever been to the Great Wall in Renton (Asian mini-mall), they have similar parking out by E. Valley Hwy. I got some *concerned* looks while spinning the tires and sliding sideways and out one rainy and crowded Saturday morning not too long ago... ;)

i hate that.

just because we fishtail/hydroplane doesn't mean that we're gonna do any damage/ hit anyone

other ppl just need to calm down :wackinit:

WTF??? Tune up time, Check the ECU... I get 18 minimum regardless of how I drive...

Nice Parking BTW :tongue:

o yeah, would using the wrong oil affect my mileage? some jerkoff at kragen(kragen=schucks/checkers in california, for clarification) told me to use 10-40w on mine. we use 10-30, right? (i didn't know this before reading through these forums)

i hate that.

just because we fishtail/hydroplane doesn't mean that we're gonna do any damage/ hit anyone

other ppl just need to calm down :wackinit:

Nah, it probably had something to do with mud landing on my roof and everywhere else possible while surrounded by a parking lot full of Benz's, Lexi, Acuras, etc. ;) I could almost understand the concern. Almost...

o yeah, would using the wrong oil affect my mileage? some jerkoff at kragen(kragen=schucks/checkers in california, for clarification) told me to use 10-40w on mine. we use 10-30, right? (i didn't know this before reading through these forums)

That shouldn't be a problem at all, AFIK. Just a matter of different oils for different climates.

Nah, it probably had something to do with mud landing on my roof and everywhere else possible while surrounded by a parking lot full of Benz's, Lexi, Acuras, etc. ;) I could almost understand the concern. Almost...

lol. it's fun to play pac man around other cars too :tongue:

So, Mr. MadManMike, I can understand your stealing my name and all. But are you going to come out wheeling with us locals to make up for it? :)

stole your name? I am pretty sure I got it legitimately. And yeah I want to come wheelin... but I am a total noob ... I would have gone last time but I have been trying to get the pathy into wheelin shape... Thats why the new shocks are in the mail :)

-Mike

stole your name? I am pretty sure I got it legitimately. And yeah I want to come wheelin... but I am a total noob ... I would have gone last time but I have been trying to get the pathy into wheelin shape... Thats why the new shocks are in the mail :)

-Mike

No excuse :nono: mine was and still is stock, with the exception of longer rear shocks... and I did just fine :aok:

Even stayed late and played in the water... which both the guy whose name you stole :tongue: and I paid for over the next few days :lol:

-Mike

Stock, schmok. Dooo it. Heck, Red made it without embarrassment. :) hahaha Besides, we all need something to keep us entertained on trail. That's what they make recovery straps and winches for.

-Mike ;)

P.S.

Even stayed late and played in the water... which both the guy whose name you stole and I paid for over the next few days

I swear, I have no idea what he's talking about. :rolleyes::lol:

Edited by Mr. Pickles

But if you do, take those step bars off before you leave your house ;)

You makin fun of my step bars? :)

Stock, schmok. Dooo it. Heck, Red made it without embarrassment. :) hahaha Besides, we all need something to keep us entertained on trail. That's what they make recovery straps and winches for.

Well my truck is still stock.. by wheeling shape I mean like get shocks that aren't blown :)

And .. not only am I noob at wheeling ... but I have only had my license for about a month now :blush02:

-Mike

You makin fun of my step bars? :)

Not at all... possibly saving you from even more damage should you drop on something :aok:

Well my truck is still stock.. by wheeling shape I mean like get shocks that aren't blown :)

And .. not only am I noob at wheeling ... but I have only had my license for about a month now :blush02:

-Mike

No problem, going with other people who have wheeled before is how you learn without extensive damage from doing something that you should not :aok:

Not at all... possibly saving you from even more damage should you drop on something :aok:

I see... my brother likes to make fun of them because they give me less ground clearance :) but I like my vehicle to be functional on and off road.

No problem, going with other people who have wheeled before is how you learn without extensive damage from doing something that you should not :aok:

Yeah, I am just not sure my leather seats will fit in :tongue: Maybe I will get some seat covers ;)

And now I am sad... this last Friday there was enough parking so I had to park on the pavement :(

Yeah I have been there.... Have you ever been to the southcenter costco, there is a dirt mound near the parking lot and there is always a different 4x4 parked on top :) It's kind of a King of the mountain thing.

-Mike

Edited by MadManMike

k, can you describe how to check the ECU or unclog my EGR tubes or provide some link that explains it?

it's like $100+/hour at the dealership to look at my car.