The next buy?

Riddles

Its On Vancouver island BC Canada. As for rust I have a grate welder as well as most of my biulds have been 50's hot rods so replaceing a panel is no biggy. There is a bunch for 2g and under. How about the front end is it a solid or CV shafts on that year?

I no nothing about the imports I meen I can read a manual and re-biuld a motor But I am thankful for all the info on this site like things (tricks) to do and what to look out for

Cheers

DO IT! :D not that I'm biased :lol:

2dr's ROCK :jig:

Here is how they Hold up with just Rancho's, mud tyres and no swaybars :D

My flabber is gasted! That thing is is a Sherman tank Terrano...great vid

Anyone wanna swap an r50 for a Sherman tank?

rust in the rear frames is what I was mainly referring to...body rust is a non issue...but when structure has major damage then thats when it can get interesting

I agree that frame (rear rails, kick up area or any other area) rust is an issue, but keep in mind that to replace a quarter panel takes at least 12 hrs of labor (will check tomorrow at my office) plus the cost of the part. If you keep adding time for replacing rockers (not that many hrs to replace these), the BS (body shop) bill will rack up.

You can also work on a half quarter replacement from the body line down... at around 6-7 hrs.

On the other hand if you want to keep a light weight body... let the rust take over...

Salud! :beer:

Edited by racaron

Need something I can weld an Exo, on and if there is alot of rust it makes it hard. I am thinking the PF will get its lift and locker but will be played with easyer then what I want. I am going to do anuther M38 or CJ5. I just don't think the PF will hole up to how I play. Keep it for light wheelin.

Edited by Riddles

Well ended up finding a 1990 Jeep XJ runing in grate shape for 150 so couldn't pass it up. after 2g it'll be able to brake any trail and about 200 hours of fabbin etc.. wich will leave alot to put into the PF as well.

• 2 weeks later...
DO IT! :D not that I'm biased :lol:

2dr's ROCK :jig:

Here is how they Hold up with just Rancho's, mud tyres and no swaybars :D

TerranoNZ....... how do you keep your alternators living with so much mud and water?? :ohno01:

Edited by Alkorahil

• 3 weeks later...