New guy in Phoenix

98SE

Hello all, I've been here a few weeks but I just haven't taken the time to introduce myself. I have posted in other topics simply because I had questions and you guys were very helpful. I just picked up an 88 WD21 about 3 weeks ago. I'm not new to nissan, my first car was a 1985 720 followed by a 2000 Frontier Crew Cab. I found this 88 locally, it has been kept in a garage most of its life and has absolutely no rust since it has been in AZ the whole time. I got it from the 2nd owner (original owner was his father). It's an SE-V6 auto, power everything, sunroof blah blah blah. The interior looks good but the carpet is trashed. I've already fixed the broken speedo, cranked the left torsion bar (it was sagging), replaced a leaking fuel line, replaced the master brake cylinder, and changed the oil. I spent all of last saturday detailing the outside, it is one of my hobbies, I am also a member if autogeek.net and autopia forums. The paint was in good condition considering the age and I was surprised to find a clear coat. I started with a wash then clayed the entire truck (this pretty much trashed my claybar). Then I polished the paint with pinnacle xmt #3 followed by number #1 using a porter cable DA buffer. This got rid of the oxidation, swirl marks and some scratches. There are still a lot of paint chips and few scratches but who cares, this thing is old and it is our 2nd vehicle. I topped it off with Klasse AIO then Klasse sealer glaze to protect it. Here are some before and after pics.

IMGP2732.jpg

Edited by 98SE

Beautiful job dude. That baby is gleaming. I can see alot of swirls in my truch cuz it's black and would like to do something similar. Approximately how much time and money did you invest?

Im going to drop all of my rigs off at your place with a 12pack in the back for when your done....

:jig: i'm with Thomas......... when do you want 'em? lol

nice rig :aok:

Beautiful job dude. That baby is gleaming. I can see alot of swirls in my truch cuz it's black and would like to do something similar. Approximately how much time and money did you invest?

How much time and money? lol. Just ask my wife. Let's see, it took me all day because of how old and dirty the paint was. I usually spend 3/4 of a day on our new car. As for how much, I spent nearly $600 in supplies this last year but that is just me. You could do your truck in a day or two and only spend about 200-300 dollars. I know that sounds like a lot but in the end you have your own supplies and tools. If you were to pay someone to detail your truck (including the interior) it would cost anywhere between 150-300 dollars. This stuff gets expensive fast. There is even a $6000 wax made by zymol. If anybody has anymore questions I would be happy to answer.

Have fun driving out here from Spokane. :lol:

Considering I spent 3 summers in the Valley of the Sun... 1.5 days assuming I find a way to make it through Vegas without stopping....

Little place that used to be called Williams AFB... Power Road and Baseline....

Considering I spent 3 summers in the Valley of the Sun... 1.5 days assuming I find a way to make it through Vegas without stopping....

Little place that used to be called Williams AFB... Power Road and Baseline....

Williams? That place is long gone. I'm at Luke AFB now and it is still alive and kicking.

• 3 weeks later...