Pulsarplug

zonianbrat

What do you guys think of these? I'm not looking to buy them since I just replaced my plugs like 12,000 miles ago. But I saw a late night commerial and figured I would do a little research on them. Kinda pricy huh? What do you guys think of the theory of actually burning fuel more efficiently.

http://www.pulstarplug.com/

$150 bucks for plugs!! :wtf::omg:

I also wonder what all that extra pressure would do as far as the timing and how the ecu would be able to compensate for that or would it cause problems. If it really does what it says it will its a cool idea, but I for one would need to hear about it for a while before i thought about it :) so whos gonna be the test rat?

I HIGHLY doubt a 10% increase in MPG by simply installing different plugs. If it's all that easy they'd have done it already to get away with better emissions testing standards.

99% of the spark plug gimmicks are just that. Gimmicks meant to drain people's wallets. Anyone can make up test result charts.

Q: How long does Pulstar™ last?

A: Pulstar™ lasts as long as most spark plugs - about 50,000 miles depending on the condition of your vehicle and driving habits.

Q: Why is Pulstarâ„¢ more expensive than spark plugs?

A: When fuel economy is factored in, Pulstarâ„¢ actually pays for itself in 12 months or less and then pays an annual fuel dividend over the life of the plug (4-7 years). Spark plugs cannot make that claim. And remember, that unless you are installing plugs yourself, the real cost of spark plugs is installation. Offsetting this cost with fuel economy is a great benefit of Pulstar â„¢.

Edited by McClurgM

oh no you di'int tornado is da shizzle my nizzle fo rizzle, no one should be without it! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ha ha, I've got enough issues to worry about with my power valve screws falling out (on the 3.5) and being sucked into the compression chamber :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
I HIGHLY doubt a 10% increase in MPG by simply installing different plugs. If it's all that easy they'd have done it already to get away with better emissions testing standards.

99% of the spark plug gimmicks are just that. Gimmicks meant to drain people's wallets. Anyone can make up test result charts.

LOL, so true. I'll stick with my couple buck "Bosch Platinum +2" gimmicks, thank you. I wish they would have given me a "Powered by Bosch" ricer sticker or something though. :lol:

Q: How long does Pulstar™ last?

A: Pulstar™ lasts as long as most spark plugs - about 50,000 miles depending on the condition of your vehicle and driving habits.

Q: Why is Pulstarâ„¢ more expensive than spark plugs?

A: When fuel economy is factored in, Pulstarâ„¢ actually pays for itself in 12 months or less and then pays an annual fuel dividend over the life of the plug (4-7 years). Spark plugs cannot make that claim. And remember, that unless you are installing plugs yourself, the real cost of spark plugs is installation. Offsetting this cost with fuel economy is a great benefit of Pulstar â„¢.

Nice! They don't even answer the question with some scientific sounding BS, but essentially state "we'll save you money in gas, so deal with it and buy them already!"