Clinometer On Terrano?

Alkorahil

So I am looking at some pictures of a Terrano from Japan. It looks like they had factory clinometers available for them?

How cool is that?

I want one!

pics:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hideki/1437549/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hideki/1437562/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hideki/1437568/

Don't know if it's cool.... never really used it. I mean, I did look at it from time to time, but just out of curiosity.

It really is standard for all Terranos. Order it from Japan :lol: I bet shipping costs will be exorbitant :D

Don't know if it's cool.... never really used it. I mean, I did look at it from time to time, but just out of curiosity.

It really is standard for all Terranos. Order it from Japan :lol: I bet shipping costs will be exorbitant :D

Does it mount on top of the dash?

Looks like the dash is different from what we got in the US and that it is intrigrated in the dash.

Check ebay, theyre on there all the time...

Big D, maybe you should bring a few when you move to Canada... make some cash!!

(Simon is putting his order in for one grey one!) ;)

Good idea, Pezzy :lol: According to the immigration law, I have a one-time opportunity to bring as much as I want to Canada without paying anything to customs... now if only I could logically explain why would I need a 20ft container of clinometers... :laugh:

Yes, it mounts on top of the dash, so it's not a problem to install it.

Now I really want one!

Ill dig around and see if I can finda part number.

If anyone comes up with it, let me know! :bounce:

There is another style that mounted to the ceiling of a terrano...I have one of these in brown. I am not sure if I am going to keep it or not...its hard to look down the road at that when I just SOLD THE BMW !!! Yaay! Now I am shopping for a rig, and my list of goodies is large, I am just not sure if I want to keep the Clino or not. It is small enough to mount onto the overhead console, it may be in the way of the rear view a little....anyway like Pezz said they are on eBay from time to time.

• 1 year later...

Believe it or not, but the north american pathfinders actually had provisions in the dash for the Terrano clinometer. There are holes cut into the steel under the dashpad foam that cover up the rectangular holes that those speed nuts fit into. When I installed mine it went in secured with all factory hardware in the stock location. it even has a proper sized hole in the center to run power for the back lights. I'll snap a pic of my parts pathy. I exposed all of the holes in the dash on the parts one, so I wouldn't mangle my good dash.

I wouldn't be without it now! Everyone that sees it asks where it came from and if it's factory.