JDM MAD TYTE STYLEZ YO... arrived today!

Filthy Luker

OH LOOK... an AUTHENTIC MAD TYTE ASIAN LOOKING box arrived today

IMG_4206.JPG

I wonder what amazing goodies it holds... ? :D

Time to make the Pathy JDM STYLEZ MAD TYTE YO DRIFTUUU.... LOL

IMG_4204.JPG

IMG_4205.JPG

I may get started on installing it tomorrow. -bounce- and then I am going to ricer meets to show off the JDM TYTENESS LOL

Edited by Filthy Luker

How much did that bad boy set you back? Cool beans...I dig instrumentation. Too bad you need to head west to have a use for the altimeter... error due to weather is probably greater than the elevation range in ON...but the riceburners will never have to know that. Have fun.

It was $100 shipped. Actually my GPS gives me the correct altitude if I need to know it for sure. I'll check how much this one varies due to weather changes. Appearantly it's not that much from what I read on different boards. This should be enough for reference purposes though if you had to rely on it.

Edited by Filthy Luker

And here I thought you bought 48 instant shrimp flavored rice bowls... :D

Cool, and congrats !! Definitely show us picts when it is mounted and a review for it's actual usefulness, I have heard mixed reviews...

:beer:

B

Before you know it Filthy is going to be on the cover of JTune magazine!

"ONE MAD TIGHT FO SHIZZLE DOGGY BOMB PATHFINDER!!! CHECK OUT THE TOTALLY JDM INCLINOMETER!! AND PEEP THE MAD TIGHT NEON TAILPIPE!! DONT LOOK IN BACK UNLESS YOU WANT TO SEE THE SHOCK AND AWE OF 100 NOS BOTTLES!"

:laugh::lol::laugh::lol::laugh::lol::laugh::lol::laugh::lol::laugh::lol:

Maybe you could glue on some carbon fiber trim or something.

Don't go there !! The asshat PO epoxy'd (or welded or something) a carbon fiber shifter knob on. I don't mind at all except that I couldn't remove the boot when I pulled the tranny. It made that part a biach !! :furious:

B

Guyyyy that's so large guy. congratulations on bringing your truck one step closer to being J-Spec guyyyy. Keep saving up so you can buy the coveted JDM Terrono RHD front clip, then you can go thru the Timmy's drive thru in reverse to show off to all the b-rods and haterz in the parking lot.

Guyyyy that's so large guy. congratulations on bringing your truck one step closer to being J-Spec guyyyy. Keep saving up so you can buy the coveted JDM Terrono RHD front clip, then you can go thru the Timmy's drive thru in reverse to show off to all the b-rods and haterz in the parking lot.

Fawkin' LOL :D

I got the little bastard is installed today:

IMG_4207.JPG

IMG_4208.JPG

IMG_4209.JPG

IMG_4210.JPG

IMG_4211.JPG

I spliced the wiring for backlighting into the cigarette lighter backlight. Cable was routed behind the dash panels so it's nice and hidden.

IMG_4212.JPG

IMG_4213.JPG

IMG_4214.JPG

This is the only portion of wiring visible. It's only about 1/2 inch so it doesn't really bother me.

IMG_4215.JPG

And in the dark.. this is what it looks like. The brightness setting for interior illumination also changes the brightness of the inclinometer backlighting.

IMG_4216.JPG

IMG_4217.JPG

Testing will take place later tonight. sly

Edited by Filthy Luker

Don't go there !! The asshat PO epoxy'd (or welded or something) a carbon fiber shifter knob on. I don't mind at all except that I couldn't remove the boot when I pulled the tranny. It made that part a biach !! :furious:

B

You know a friend of mine wanted a short shifter on his CRX but didn't want to pay for anything... we took some bolt cutters to it and took about 2.5" off then epoxied a new knob on. Maybe you should try the same thing... you know since everyone wants a short shifter in their Pathfinder... :D

Now that's better, I am not used to seeing pathies without a clinometer)))

By the way, when I looked at your dashboard I thought "what a strange pathy, 100 km\h is a top speed... my diesel pathy has a maximum of 160 km\h..." And only then I noticed it was mph, not kph shown on that scale.))))

Nigel's tire carrier opened itself up as he descended into the pit (it's a super steep entrance)... the carrier has to modified not to do it again because it's a major pain.

The gauge cluster doesn't get in the way, as it's actually very low (maybe 3 inches high at the most). As to wiring, unless I was gonna take the whole dashboard apart there was no way of making the cabling more hidden. The issue is that my truck is 13 years old and has been through extremely hot and cold climates as we moved around the continent quite a bit... the plastics are so brittle that if I started touching the dash to take it apart, stuff would be snapping. How do I know? I tried to take some more panels out but they were just disintegrating in my hands. The 1 cm or so of cables I can see is something I can live with.

And yes, the truck was purchased in the States, hence the imperial measurements.

The issue is that my truck is 13 years old and has been through extremely hot and cold climates as we moved around the continent quite a bit... the plastics are so brittle that if I started touching the dash to take it apart, stuff would be snapping. How do I know? I tried to take some more panels out but they were just disintegrating in my hands.

We have the very same issues here. As would all Pathy owners. I saw your broken vent with all of the screw in points missing as well as the corner. Mine has only got one left. No biggy. I still can't see why you didn't drill straight down. There is plenty of room for your arm and hand behind the dash. It would have been a simple task to find the end of the cable and pull it out.

• 2 years later...

Believe it or not, but the north american pathfinders actually had provisions in the dash for that clinometer. There are holes cut into the steel under the dashpad foam that cover up the rectangular holes that those speed nuts fit into. When I installed mine it went in secured with all factory hardware in the stock location. it even has a proper sized hole in the center to run power for the back lights. I'll snap a pic of my parts pathy. I exposed all of the holes in the dash on the parts one, so I wouldn't mangle my good dash.

I wouldn't be without it now! Everyone that sees it asks where it came from and if it's factory.