Check Engine Light

TheRhyno

Check your muffler bearings. Also, your hubcaps could have a leak.

Lest you think you're being clever, some Jaguars actually have a part called a muffler bearing - it's part of the exhaust mountings. And Rolls Royces with those neat self-orienting logos on the wheels actually have a fluid in the assembly that orients the logos.

Thank you for playing, try actually helping the guy next time instead of being about as funny as amateur night at a club in West BFE.

If nothing is wrong, or the light came on and the problem fixed itself, then the light will go out after some number of "driving cycles" I think this amounts to like 15 trips or so, but the actual definition of the "driving cycle" would best be proposed by one of the veterans. If you know it's OK and the light is just ticking you off, you can unplug your battery and that'll reset the ECU, of course, the ECU may need to retune some of its internal parameters after it's effectively rebooted.

Best bet is to have someone read out the codes and see what the problem is, assuming you haven't done so already. You can actually buy a code-reader for reasonably cheap (say around $100) if you are finding that you need to check your indicator frequently.

Good luck.

A "check engine" light could mean anything. Its just telling you that some sensor is not registering in the ecu. I would check your blinker fluid level... j/k. sorry.

AutoZone can check and clear Codes.... R50 doesnt that also have a Gas Cap indicator???

Auto Zone would be your best Bet....

Long term.... Replacement Part # WD21 :tongue: Sorry I could not resist....