Front Control Arms!?

projekz

Has anyone replace the front control arms instead of the bushings? I just ordered the full right and left control arms instead of a set of bushings. It sounds too good to be true but they quoted me about $40 each side including the ball joint and bushings for parts only! I just thought I might as well replace them while I'm doing my lift this week.

That is a smokin' deal on the control arms. They usually list for about $218 US. I've seen them as low as $105 cost.

Who are "They"?

Very easy to replace, especially if you are doing a lift anyway.

Just received my parts...FULL control arms with bushings and ball joints mounted and ready to install for $37 CDN. I can't believe it. Can't even get the ball joints for that much...let alone the time I'm gonna save on the install. WOW :) I'll post pics later...

just checked it out and the price of the arms in canada should be

77.00 USD = 81.3494 CAD

1 USD = 1.05649 CAD 1 CAD = 0.946535 USD

so they're cheaper to get in canada than in the US, wonder if you could order them here and get that price.

weird :huh:

So here is a link to the Japanese sight we all love, that shows LCA's with adj camber....but what makes that part adjustable??

Thanks for Japan

ok, so the link i gave is only so good....on the left click you search model, pick nissan, terrano (leg lath), then pick suspension and find this part on page 3.......sorry I can't navigate and copy the link !

Edited by 98silverpathy

The translated text doesn't seem to indicate adjustability. It seems to indicate a fixed adjustment that is designed to be used with a 2" lift.

If I had to guess, I'd say that the bolt-holes for the ball joint are slightly further away from the A-arm bushings than the original factory part, which would provide some negative camber.

Yes, depending on how far you have it taken apart. If the strut is disconnected, you just have to remove the circlip holding the shaft into the CV. You can tweak the spindle down and push the shaft back enough to where it clears.

You don't need to remove the CV axle at all to remove the A-arm. You only need to remove the 3 nuts holding the ball joint to the A-arm, the 2 bolts securing the A-arm to the frame, and that's it.

I'm mostly trying to replace the control arms and the ball joint...does look like there is much room to slide the ball joint out without the axle being out of the way. The service manual says you have to remove the axle first! I might just wait a few weeks and do the control arms/balljoints when I get the brakes done...take everything apart at the same time.

I'm mostly trying to replace the control arms and the ball joint...does look like there is much room to slide the ball joint out without the axle being out of the way. The service manual says you have to remove the axle first! I might just wait a few weeks and do the control arms/balljoints when I get the brakes done...take everything apart at the same time.

Well, you didn't say you were changing the ball joints! Yeah, you have to partially slide the CV from the outer hub (just remove the snap ring) to replace the ball joints. It's easy if you separate the ball joint from the A-arm first, then you don't have to mess with unbolting the strut from the knuckle.

• 1 month later...

Does anybody know how these compare to OEM in terms of quality? I have thought about replacing the bushings on my front control arms with some poly ones but since I would have a shop do it I am scared of the labor involved. Buying a cheap control arm with new rubber and ball joint is very appealing and would reduce my labor costs.

dear friends, i replaced my control arms with aftermarket ones, because, nissan costs twice... but what i bought was taiwan made and now turning radius is tighter, which means control arms are slightly shorter, but worst thing is, when you try to turn deep, for example in a parking lot, these cause grinding noise... well.. waiting for them to be getting older. and i will buy original ones.