My Brother Is Insane

Alkorahil

My younger brother shared an amusing story with me this past Monday night that I thought I would share.

Apparently he has been having a problem with roof rats living in his back yard the past few months.

Earlier in the week he said that he found that they were living in his BBQ pit and he chased them out with a broom, they were back the next night and he chased them out again.

Saturday morning he went to get the pit ready for use and when he opened the lid up there were 6 of them in there again. He went back into the house and told his wife that "those darn rats are back again" and she told him that he needed to call an exterminator to get rid of them. My brother then told her that he was not paying to have an exterminator come out to get rid of them and went to the garage to get a few things....

He went out to the backyard where the BBW pit is, closed the lid, closed the door on the bottom, took some lighter fluid and poured it down the smokestack mounted on the side of it and dropped a match down the stack.

He then related to me the incident that ensued from this maneuver.

First off, apparently the rats did not like what he did, and apparently they are capable of making very loud sounds when they are on fire.

The rats then proceeded to jump all over the place while making the screaming sounds, causing the lid of the BBQ pit to jump up and down. He said it looked like it was possessed with fire coming out the sides and the lid jumping up and down and clattering, and all the rats screaming going on.

This also caused the neighbor to come outside because of the awful noise and the dog started barking a lot.

So he took a broom handle and lifted the lid of the pit up and out flew the rats at a lighting speed, which then proceeded to run all over his back yard, on fire (and still screaming).

So he then grabbed a long handled shoved and proceed to beat each of the flaming and smoking rats to death with the flat of the shovel.

Apparently also the severe beating he gave them was watched by his two young daughters and his wife. The sight of their father beating some screaming flaming rats to death with a shovel made them quite upset.

After this was all over, his wife berated him for the spectacle, and he ended up calling an exterminator.

Edited by Alkorahil

I know! I was like....PLEASE tell me you videotaped the whole thing.

I could spend all of a saturday afternoon drinking beers and watching that.

But he didnt.

Whats more amusing to me is he is an officer in the coast guard. I wonder if he applies this....how shall we say......unique brand of problem solving there as well.

Edited by Alkorahil

Too cool! Nice story.

If Rats are that close to his house and garage, there are more of them. Better at least D-con inside and out.

I didn't take care of some mice in my shed, it didn't take long for them to discover the house wasn't a bad place to live either. It takes a couple of weeks for the poison to kick in, but they die fast.

Thanks for sharing!