Bad Day

Pavelow Leaks

Long story short, skipping a few gory details, my wife decided to bail on me, and she wants to take the pathfinder. Basically because she could never afford the mustang and the pathy is paid for. I'm thinkin about makin her sign something that says she must give me the option to buy if (when) she decides to sell it. I also considered being an asshole and adhering to the law of 50% of everything aquired during the marriage, since I had the mustang before her, and pretty much everything else of value I could sell the pathy to a friend for $5 and give her $2.50....then get it right back. Not real sure what I'm going to do, I probably won't be on much for awhile, if ever. Sad to see it go, I really love that truck and have put alot of work into it in the past year. Guess I shoulda kept building the mustang.

:ohno01: omg pavelow!!!! that totally sucks!! i would do the "sell it for $2.50" thing.... my bf's bro's friend did that with his 2 trucks and his 69 chevelle. she already had a durango.. but she wanted everything, so he put all his vehicles in someone else's name. she was skrewd. Don't risk it with the stang or anything else of value to you... get it out of your name to someone you trust 100%.

i really hope you still hang around here, if nothing else, for moral support...... and i hope everything works out ok. :hugs:

Yep as I understand it in some states, deals within the past 6months (from filing date I think) can be reversed by order of the court. Have also heard that they can assigned blue book value to a car sold and force you to pay her portion back in cash :shrug:

$#&% that @!*% dude....Keep the Pathy and give her the 'Stang and have your name removed off of it legaly. Its not your problem she cant afford it; stick it to her; she will do the same thing to you.....BTW sorry to here of marital issues I have been there myself keep your head up it will get worse before it gets better :thumbsdown: BUT it will get better ALWAYS remeber that.

Sorry to hear about your news... I assume money is tight -- could you not just pay her off for the pathy?

Like Fordsho said, things will get better... you always have your friends here to chat & vent with (or just whore it up) if need be. *hug*

Sad to hear about the break up, man. Try not to get real bitter though, it'll only make everything worse in the end.

I'd convince her that the Pathy wouldn't be a very good vehicle with the gas prices nowadays and sell/trade it for a Honda or something. I'd hate to see my ex drive around in something I put so much work into and prolly not appreciate it. Sell it to someone who will and give her the cash for another car.

Pav,

Sorry to hear about your situation. I can't imagine how schnitty going through that would be. My only little insurance policy is that the old lady can't drive a stick. I am in no hurry to teach her and she does not show much interest in learning. Until then the Pathy is safe.

Take care and drop by from time to time.

Also very sorry to hear about the relationship.

One thing to keep in mind: The only things you are EVER in full control of are your self respect and dignity.

Money comes, money goes. As do possessions. But once you sacrifice your self respect, it's gone. Forever.

Maintain the self discipline to always do what is right and not stoop down to do the easy nasty stuff, and you will come out of this with your head high and a future far brighter than your past.

Peace and optimism, my friend.

Edited by mws