93 Nissan Pathfinder Build

Spolar93

A little background before you look at my junk. im 18 and go to WSU and have had this truck ever since i bought it almost 3 years ago. plans are a SOA front with waggy leaves, long arm 4 link w/ panhard rear, waggy d44, 37"s, more armor, yadi yadi yadi. stock wheelbase is 105", shootin for 108" ish

Picture003.jpg

Picture001.jpg

IMG_0345.jpg

last time rolling into the garage with InFerior Suspension

IMG_0350.jpg

IMG_0351.jpg

IMG_0352.jpg

IMG_0353.jpg

IMG_0354.jpg

she laid an egg?

IMG_0355.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stock ifs is listed int he for sale section if thats what you mean.

ill be up in the seattle area wheelin a few times this summer, hopefully we can get your stuff out of the garage and stretch some legs!

Hmm, I guess I missed that :shrug:

Out of the garage? lol it is, I drive it daily ;)

But yeah, meeting up for a run this summer would be cool. We had one a little while back and I am sure people are ready to get to gether again.

• 2 weeks later...

ok sorry for the lack of updates. i work 40+ hours a week at a body shop, and by the end of the day im so tired from working on other peoples cars that its hard to muster energy for my own, so its slow going.

IMG_0386.jpg

ifs cut out, just gotta finish grinding it down.

IMG_0384.jpg

all these parts, just no time to put them in! haha

IMG_0385.jpg

enough material to long arm the rear. using 2"x2"x.25" flat side down. should help with getting hung up on the rocks and slide easier over crud.

IMG_0383.jpg

painted my cover then decided i was to cheap to buy a purple cranium cover. DOH! welded some 3" flat stock that i bent and cut to fit. still gotta finish welding on the fill plug side

IMG_0382.jpg

got knuckles painted up and sending the flat top out to get drilled and tapped for hi steer asap. gonna buy a reamer and do the tie rod and pitman arm tapers my self.

IMG_0381.jpg

cleaned up my 7 pack waggies and put in 3/8"x3.5" grade 8 cap head bolts. ordered energy suspension bushings, so waiting for those to come in. figured id just burn out the old one with my propane torch and press the new ones in.

IMG_0379.jpg

my dad jumped in and helped cut out the inferior suspension. suprised me because even though hes got mad crazy woodworking and handyman skills, he is one of those people that takes the vehicles in to change the oil. i know, crazy i tell you

IMG_0365.jpg

front spring hanger made out of 2"x2"x.25" and 1/4 plate. nuf said

IMG_0366.jpg

purty 6013 weld over a 6011 root pass.

all the hard work is done, just gotta find time to put it all together. no chance this weekend, as ill be out of town friday-monday, but hopefully it will roll out next weekend ish....

oh, also, just placed an order to ballistic fab and ran up an $85 bill.

shock3.JPG

front shock mounts. TRICK!!

standardtab1(1).jpg

rear upper link tabs

framemountsingle1.jpg

rear lower link bracket

dom%20sleeve.jpg

front shackle mounts. weld these to the underside then gusset with plenty of 1/4" plate

also got a line on some rear shocks. remote res trailmasters that are 36" extended, 22" collapsed.

big thanks goes out to my parts guy Joe at Baxters Auto Parts. Cut me some helluva deals and is just a great guy who provides excellent customer service.

good lord :blink: that is sickness in itself. awesome. truly awesome. *bows down*

thank you, and now, i am going to go be sick, while admiring my grocery getter king caca..... and make plans to join in the sickness ...... you are my inspiration and hero :beer:

• 3 weeks later...

IMG_0404.jpg

spring hanger welded in, still need to paint and possibly gisset on the back side

IMG_0406.jpg

diff cover is plated and finished. ended up cutting out the drain plug and flipping it higher on the cover, mainly for peace of mind

IMG_0408.jpg

shackle hangers tacked in place. checked for shackle angle, and it all looks good, so ill be burning that in and gusseting the piss out of it.

IMG_0413.jpg

IMG_0414.jpg

the guys at ballistic fab, FINALLY got my order right, and i got all the correct tabs and tubes. nice pricing, and some trick brackets, but their customer service is shaky at best. took a couple calls to get the status and the correct parts re shipped out.

IMG_0412.jpg

approximate ride height. 82" to top of cab, a little under 3' to the bottom of the doors, so about 31-"32" to the bottom of my tcase, which is pretty much flush with the frame rails. 3" body lift is gonna stay on since its so much easier to work on the drive train under the truck, armor is already made to include it, and to fit a 350 or the like in these trucks, you need it on there to make space in the cramped bay. and a 350/383 on propane is in this rig's future

• 2 weeks later...

not much progress, because we cant seem to find bushings for the main eyes on the leaves. its almost like they dont exist anymore. the springs came off a 68 wagoneer if that helps.

chased the threads on the calipers and got the gunk out. painted them with some engine block paint, installed the new banjos and speedbleeders, and loaded up the pads.

IMG_0416.jpg

dont forget to keep the piston clip and swap them over to the new pads

IMG_0415.jpg

gusseted and painted shackle mount using 2.5" long DOM sleeve and yj shackle bushings

IMG_0419.jpg

painted and partially assembled axle. anyone know a good website with pictures of the assembly of a d44? haynes manual doesnt really do squat

IMG_0420.jpg

1 ton tre's, sky high steer, grade 8 hardware, pads and shock tabs welded in. flat top machining by http://www.jnutter.com/page2.html 1 day turn around and very knowledgable

IMG_0422.jpg

pitman arm reamed out for 1 ton tre. 24" stainless braided lines with nissan 10mm to standard adapter. didnt know anything about flair wrenches, so i stripped out one side and had to cut off the fitting and double flair the brake line. that was fun....not.

IMG_0423.jpg

im ~6' tall, almost 3' to bottom of doors, 23" to flatbelly, and 109" wb. yeah!

IMG_0424.jpg

hope to get those damn bushings so i can finish up this build, im sick of lookin at it in my garage.

Looking great!

I'm pretty sure you've done this, but have you measured the leaf inner diameter size and just cross referenced with Energy Suspension for those bushings? I did that for my Waggys.

ill be back in pullman beginning of august. well get together this year and wheel the east side, i know of a few places.

this was a weird main eye size for waggies, 2" od bushing. finally found a pair in an old warehouse, i guess last in the NW is their story. go figure.

yes, with the current short arms and this amount of lift, it looks like my 37"s will eat the door. hope to button up the front in the next few days then get to long arming the rear. gonna use 2"x2"x.25" square tubing for the lower links. beefy and if i run them flat side done like i plan, their length shouldnt be an issue in getting tangled up, as they should slide over everything.

more updates tonight, im gonna be sweatin balls in my 90* garage!!

BUSHINGS!!!! finally some real progress. allergies messed me up today so i just got the new bushings in, and did the panhard drop. my partsmike order came in, so i threw on the jam nuts and cone washers and loctited the steering arm on.

IMG_0425.jpg

4" piece of 3"x2"x.125" tubing welded into the stock mount.

IMG_0431.jpg

.25" plate gusset and paint

IMG_0432.jpg

with panhard. really noticeable difference, tires are almost back to even in the wheel wells. bar is almost flat too!

IMG_0429.jpg

leaves done. rubber bushing at main eye, energy suspension at shackle, 3/8" grade 8 cap screw for centering pin. was worried about shackle angle, especially since i final welded and gusseted the mount, but i think it will turn out well.

hope to make the spring plates tomorrow and get the trucks weight sitting on the axle. also have to reassemble the axle, and i found this perfect diagram of how to put everything back together. score!

HEAVEN.jpg