Annual Npora Gathering

MrJim

What do you think about an Annual NPORA Event in Anacortes, WA?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. How likely would you be to come to an Annual NPORA Event in Anacortes, WA?

• I would definitely come
    • Probably not

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'd be down for CO, AZ, or UT. i get 3 weeks paid vacation next year. August 08 sounds good to me.

Me-Serious

Kids-Very Serious

wife-Not so Serious

edit/wife and daughter out/son and i are a go. just needs to happen now.

Edited by aries247

Maybe... Im a couple of states away. I would go but only if more would come.

this statement is just wrong. Go cause you want to go, not because everybody else is.

LEAD..... DON'T FOLLOW. :stickwack:

I just stumbled on this thread. It's a great idea to have an annual or semi-annual NPORA event. The first one (this year) can be in Annacortes, WA.

But, it sounds like many of you can't come and would prefer a location that is more midway between both coasts and planned out a year or so in advance. Moab, UT and Ouray, CO are excellent locales for spectacular scenery mixed with awesome 4-wheeling.

If this event were pushed out to, say August or September 2008, and held in Ouray, CO, how many of you would SERIOUSLY commit to attending? (You'll have no excuses, except for maybe if the world runs out of gas by then...)

Years ago, there used to be a week-long Xterra-only event known as "GOX" or "Gathering of Xterras" that was held annually in Ouray, CO. And many of you have probably heard about goneMOAB as well, which is open to all Nissans. With enough advance planning, there's no reason why NPORA can't do something like GOX.

That sound like what many of you are asking for. Why not start planning it now? It's 18 months away! Is that enough time for you? :)

Not bad logic. I couldn't do that trip (CO or Moab) for a couple years though. Got almost 2 weeks in Hawaii already booked this winter and have burned the rest of my vacation, then there's the prospect of Cambodia next year. But hmmmm....

:)

As for Anacortes, I'm there Jim! You know I'm local, about a 2+ hour drive from Bonney Lake, and that's an awesome area up there. Lots of stuff to see around town, at the beach and in the countryside, and tons of fishing and crabbing if you have a boat.

For those out-of-town'ers, ferries leave regularly from Anacortes to the San Juan Islands (look it up, very nice) as well as to Victoria, B.C. from Anacortes. Vancouver, B.C. is probably another hour up I-5, and Seattle is a bit over an hour south, eastern Washington is a couple hour drive to mountains, lakes, semi desert, even sand dunes. All are excellent destinations, and you could make a long trip out of it.

I would so want to go but it would be very dependant on when it was held, and if I could find a buddy to go with me on the trek. Texas to there is a bit of a drive!

The closer it is no me the greater the possibility that I will be there. I would to to get to know some folks from here.

Edited by Alkorahil

Maybe also be a good way to show those Xterra guys that we can do it!

Heh, I was quite pleasd with myself the other day when I beat a kid in an Xterra off the line at a stop light....

Screw the Xterra boys! :tongue:

Edited by Alkorahil