Panhard Rod Calmini Bracket

JoeBob

the four holes on top not connected to the panhard rod wouldnt fit.. with the panhard rod disconnected entirely.. i just grinded the hole.. im pretty sure the top bolt is just for keeping the bracket upright. I bought the ilder arm brace from them too and that also didnt fit >< that i had to send back becuase there was a big piece of metal welded to the frame so i couldnt even get the holes close to where they were supposed to be : /

and yes calmini sells the bracket alone.

Edited by JoeBob

yea...cuz there are so many options. I like how when I was looking at steering kits, (almost) everyone praised L&P & said calmini had bad customer service and their products weren't all that great..but I know one thing, I paid for my kit and it was in my hands 3 days later. Let me know when that happens with an L&P kit now...or ever. I'd really be interested to know how many people that hate calmini so much have actually purchased and installed any of their products.

Edited by Pavelow Leaks

I'd really be interested to know how many people that hate calmini so much have actually purchased and installed any of their products.

Nope, lucky enough to have watched others get screwed (at least one of which nearly fatally) and avoid their crap.

Lets see here, I have the Idler arm brace, Rear diff skid and UCAs all from Calmini. I won't sit here and say there products fit perfectly, the UCAs needed some "grinding" after the alignment so that the shocks wouldn't rub. But they are beefy as hell, my rear diff skid ... well let me say nothing is going to damage that crap and my idler arm brace was a pain the the arse to put on, but I managed to get it on without re-drilling. But So they arn't the most precise pieces on the planet, but they are beefy, and I am never going to have to worry about my UCAs going to hell, my diff being screwed and my idler arm sheering off.

Edited by Extreme90path

i like calmini.. a lot of my suspension parts are from them and work great.

I dont see it at there webpage...they sell it with the full 3 inch susp lift package..

its on the page with the 3" lift coils... sneaky

I had some challenges in getting the holes on the drop down bracket to match up as well... I just reamed the powdercoating out of the holes and used some blue paint for rust prevention....

Make your own? Even if you have to farm out the welding, you can beat the price.

Buy a chunk of 3/16" steel, spend a couple hours with hacksaw, files, and hand drill. Voila! I built my first set of rearsets for a street bike that way. Now I use band saw, grinder, and drill press to save a lot of time, but the principle's the same.

BTW, I still haven't made a bracket for mine. Using stock arm with stock mount with about 2" taller springs. Axle is shifted a bit to the side (maybe 1/2"?) but it's not too big a deal.

Nope, lucky enough to have watched others get screwed (at least one of which nearly fatally) and avoid their crap.

Was that actually a problem with the kit? I was under the impression that it was a hardware that broke. bolt snappend/nut came loose? could be wrong as that was a while ago. just curious.

Guest SuperSon

Less work more savings.I like it. :D

Didnt someone have a cad drawing of this bracket before? If I could get the measurements of this bracket I can have one made at the community college here.Theres a lot of aspiring fabricator that is willing to fab stuff like this.

Edited by SuperSon

89- trackbar mount on the front was only single shear, and heims + single shear mounting = boom! now if it was a tie rod end, which only requires a single shear mount, it would be fine, but heims always require a double shear, to "clamp" the misalignment and heim sandwich together.

super- eh, its one of those things that you just crawl under the truck and fabricate. if you look through this link, theres a simpler one that uses the stock bracket, a 3"-4" 2"x3" tube and a gusset. http://nissan4wheelers.com/eve/forums/a/tp...83110436221/p/1

• 2 weeks later...

Look guys,

There are so few companies making parts for our trucks we cannot afford to boycott any of them. I have bought from all of them at one time or another. I have the Calmini UCAs, calmini panhard drop bracket, and the calmini HD steering. I love them all. They sent me the wrong pitman arm, however they sent me the replacement the very next day and I just put the old one in the prepaid box and sent it back. No problems with any of there stuff. Everything has fit perfectly. It is possible that some frame tweekage has made some parts not fit for some people but that is not their fault. you guys need to chill. If you don't want to buy from them don't. It is not like they are screwing and scamming people. I have talked to them on the phone a few times They have been very helpful and polite.

Mark

yea...cuz there are so many options. I like how when I was looking at steering kits, (almost) everyone praised L&P & said calmini had bad customer service and their products weren't all that great..but I know one thing, I paid for my kit and it was in my hands 3 days later. Let me know when that happens with an L&P kit now...or ever. I'd really be interested to know how many people that hate calmini so much have actually purchased and installed any of their products.

Mark,

They have a fairly shady past too. Their parts also have the reputation of being either mis-matched to the application in question or as above, bolt holes drilled in the wrong places...how the hell? I take it you never heard the recorded phone conversation between a customer and the owner of Calmini telling him to f off after multiple problems and lengthy shipping times...none of which were the customer's fault. I see even you have fallen prey to their screw-ups.

I just know how upset some people get and exaggerate, and no I have not heard the recorded phone conversation. I also read the same stories about Kennesaw mountain accessories (KMA) and I still ordered from them after talking to the guy on the phone. Sometimes people don't understand how important customers are to them and it takes a while for them to realize this and change their attitude. If the attitude has not changed by now then they would surely out of business by now. They must be acting civil to some customers. And remember their are always 2 sides to every story. And I have seen screw-ups from almost every company out there. Calmini took care of their screwup. I must be one of the few that does not let 100% of my decisions be effected by others. Obviously I feel that the parts were worth the chance. I mean what type of person would I be if I had a great experience with a company and heard all the trash talking about them and I did not stick up for them in some way. Besides I pay with credit card and I always have buyers protection with that. Alot of times when a company is being difficult with a return, I will remind them that I have other options for reversing a charge with the bank.

Mark

Mark,

They have a fairly shady past too. Their parts also have the reputation of being either mis-matched to the application in question or as above, bolt holes drilled in the wrong places...how the hell? I take it you never heard the recorded phone conversation between a customer and the owner of Calmini telling him to f off after multiple problems and lengthy shipping times...none of which were the customer's fault. I see even you have fallen prey to their screw-ups.