Se Or Xe?

blackpath

Hi everyone,

This might sound kinda dumb but I bought my 94 pathy used and it has been painted. There are no emblums on it at all. I would like to find out what model it is. How can I find this out? Can anyone help me?

I don't know if this will help but here are the options it has.........

Black body

Black bumpers

Rear tire carrier

Chrome 15" rims w/235x75x15 tires (I've changed to 31")

4 door

4wd

V6

5-speed tranny

Air conditioning

P. windows

P. door locks

P. mirrors

P. steering

Tilt steering

Itermit wipers

Cruise control

Cloth interior

Rear wiper

Remote gas cover lever

I think that covers just about everything.

Did you check inside the driver door? (sticker) But mine is an SE (sport) basically the same as yours....has the brush guard, Limited Slip Diff (most seem to)(look for orange sticker on rear diff), came with electronic adjustable shocks (sport/touring) roof rack, moon roof, alloy lego rims/31" tires, and exactly everything you mentioned....there isn't much of a difference.....Xe models were supposed to be Base models, but obviously ended up being ordered with most of the SE options such as power locks/windows....

(I guess) things SE has (and not optional) and XE don't (and weren't offered in any optional package):

rear-seats fold-down side arm rests

dual illuminated visor vanity mirrors

multi adjustable driver's seats

privacy glass, rear quarter windows

As in this scanned 1993 Nissan Pathfinder folder: http://www.pathfinderclub.com.br/content/view/56/28/

rear-seats fold-down side arm rests

dual illuminated visor vanity mirrors

multi adjustable driver's seats

privacy glass, rear quarter windows

I guess you are right, I do have all of the above.

I've got a wrecked one in my garage and I'm thinking of building new supports for the bars, as it would be much easier to use it in the Path....

Things are becoming difficult in Brazil... a new law defined a series of rules for using brush guards, it needs certification, and more... unless it's stock, in this case I guess there won't be any issue - but even they are not sure yet what is allowed or not

:angry:

So I'm gonna build new supports, just like the stock ones... :tongue:

I would like to find out what model it is. How can I find this out? Can anyone help me?

On the ID tag in the engine bay (mine is on the right-hand side near the firewall) there is a series of numbers and letters for the "Model". It should be the third set of digits down from the top. Post that string of numbers and we can identify the trim level of you truck :)

As for identifying what your truck is by the options installed... good luck, Nissan had some really blurry lines as for what options went on what trucks. Mine is an SE, but it does not have adjustable shocks, roof rack, fender flares or an LSD. It also did not come with the "Lego" wheels or 31in tires, no rear wind deflector, I don't even have a single illuminated visor vanity mirror, etc.

my 92 XE has cloth interior, roof rack and electric everything. LSD rear. no 31's. other than that, pretty basic.

my 91 SE has full leather (no heated seats or rear air tho), sunroof, NO roof rack, NO spoiler, chrome bumpers and LSD. both my trucks seem to be the "basic" lower level of each model....... oh, and both are 4 door 4wd trucks. :jig: 4 doors RULE!

XE is the base model. XE's with no extra options had manual windows and door locks, etc. You COULD get any other option offered on the SE installed in an XE if ordered that way, though. Hence, a lot of XE's have power windows, electric mirrors, etc. Most XE's have black trim and bumpers.

SE is the next step up, commonly referred to as the Sport model. SE's usually had all the goodies like better dash gauges, power windows, locks and mirrors. A chrome package was available but not always standard issue.

LE is the flagship model. LE's usually have leather seats and all the goodies. But again: some accessories were still optional. AFAIK most came with the chrome package.

There was a lot of mixing and matching, so I couldn't say for sure what trim level a given Pathy is until decoding the VIN I think.

My 95 is an XE but it came with the sport and power packages. That means it got the PW, PL and CC for the power package and it got the LSD rear and external tire carrier as part of the sport package. It came with the chrome wheels and 235's.

• 1 month later...
My 95 is an XE but it came with the sport and power packages. That means it got the PW, PL and CC for the power package and it got the LSD rear and external tire carrier as part of the sport package. It came with the chrome wheels and 235's.

my 1992 SE came with LSD, 31's roofrack,moonroof,tire carrier, cloth interior(like cordaroy), Stereo pack, molded speaker panels w/ rear speaker boxes, Autotrans,Sport/touring shocks, driving lights,brush guard,skidplate, rocksliders, electric mirrors, towpackage, lego wheels

why does that 1993 brochure show leather seats?

I've got a copy of the Nissan FAST software, the same one they use at dealerships. You can use it to look up your VIN and see what configuration it left the factory in - whether XE, SE, or LE.

So if you don't know what your truck was, find someone with the FAST software and get them to run your VIN, or go to the dealership and ask them.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Transmission type was customer-optioned on XE's and SE's, but I believe all the LE's were autos. I could be wrong!

I think that's why some of the axle gearing ratios don't match on some of the autos vs. manuals I've seen in the junkyard and read about. Maybe they pulled a new pre-built chassis off the line and swapped trannies for a customer order (if the pre-built new Pathy had the correct options/package but the wrong trans? I dunno, do you think they went to that length back in the late 90's if someone custom-ordered a Pathy, or would they build one from scratch with the selected options?

Supposedly, autos got 4.6 gears. Manuals got 4.3 gears.

I've seen autos with 4.3 gears and manuals with 4.6 gears. So...yeah.

lets see....

sunroof

leather

fold down rear seat armrests

electronic shocks

heated seats

alarm system

dual illuminated visors

driving lamps

chrome package

LSD

factory optioned 31s

tire carrier

ABS

spoiler

roof rack

4 wheel disc

heateed mirrors

step rails

keyless entry

I think thats everything.

My XE came with pwr windows,door locks,mirrors,cruise,tilt,chrome rims w/235's,nissan step bars,spare tire rack,roof luggage rack,rear spoiler,manual adj seats all around,rear wiper w/washer,ABS,keyless entry,alarm. :tongue: It didnt come with LSD,illuminated visors,leather seats,sunroof or automatic a$$ wiper! :( However, not factory added but moron original owner added cheesy purple window tint with included air bubbles!!!! :aok: NICE,HUH!!!!

lets see....

sunroof

leather

fold down rear seat armrests

electronic shocks

heated seats

alarm system

dual illuminated visors

driving lamps

chrome package

LSD

factory optioned 31s

tire carrier

ABS

spoiler

roof rack

4 wheel disc

heateed mirrors

step rails

keyless entry

I think thats everything.

Sounds to me like and SE with the "Trail Boss" package. Same as my old one, except that mine didn't have leather.