Black box under the seat?

MadManMike

I have a 1995 SE pathfinder.

And I can't figure out what this black box under my seat is? I am going to have to take the seat off to figure out what it is so I thought I would ask first :)

I think the security system was removed in my car because I see the mounting bracket for it on passenger side under the seat.. but on the door side of the dirvers seat there is another black box... any ideas what it's for?

Thanks

-Mike

probably the air vents to rear passenger hvac unless he relocated the ecu, but i doubt he'd do that to put an alarm in it's place :blink:

Edited by skrillaguerilla

Ahh okay... Yeah the black box I am talking about is off to the Window side of the drivers seat so it must be the ABS. And on the Passanger side of the Drivers seat there is just an empty bracket and a ton of messy wires (I guess that's where the security system used to sit).

Now I have to take the seat out and zip tie up all of the security wires.

Also, how do I tell if my car came with Remote locking system or not? is that apart of the security system?

Thanks guys...

-Mike

if the alarm is gone i think there would have been remote locks...

my 95 that had the alarm and remote locks has a little sensor on the dash in one of the vents i dont know if that is the sensor or what but there is also an antenna looking thing on the alarm box...i have noticed on lots of cars that have remote locks there is some sort of sensor either on the dash or if there is a center console in the roofline its also there (older jeep cherokee's have it there)

but i'm not 100% sure on my statement so it could be incorrect...

did the remote locking system contribute to the insane locks? IE if u pull up on the pass side lock all unlock and lock if u push it down? or was that just a power lock norm?

i also found if u turn the key 2 times to the unlock position it will unlock all doors...

• 11 months later...

im having the same problem i just bought a pathy and was wundering if it has the keyless entry the prevoius owners didnt give me any of the remotes for it if it did. Is there a way to check? I have a 93 SE and it has the blinking red lights security system by the ebrake and has a black box under the drivers seat nears to the door. Is there something i can look for to tell if i have it ?

If it has the alarm, it should have the keyless entry. :search: Theres a thread with lots of info on programming the remote and operation of the alarm(although I programmed my remote and it refuses to work for me). The info in the thread is VERY HELPFUL and will answer most of your questions!! :tongue:

Good Luck!

I got tired of my alarm on my 93 pathy and tried to unhook it, pulled of every wire & harness and the freakin alarm still went off. I gave up on it and laughed becuase i install audio/video and telecommunications into broadcast vehicles and i cant get a simple alarm to shut the f*#* up......

I got tired of my alarm on my 93 pathy and tried to unhook it, pulled of every wire & harness and the freakin alarm still went off. I gave up on it and laughed becuase i install audio/video and telecommunications into broadcast vehicles and i cant get a simple alarm to shut the f*#* up......

Shoulda cut the blue wire :crossedwires:

• 3 weeks later...