loke0301

I found the NPORA website from searching the net for service info for my 89 2 tone 2 door stock pathfinder. It is getting to be pretty rusted but i love it still. Everything still functions on it other than the fuel and temp gauges. I was very pleased to see a solution for this problem on one of the forums. I had been using the trip meter for about half a year now.

I recently was given another pathfinder (94 XE for free) by my brother, it drives and runs nice. It has a coolant leak, my brother was quoted like $500 to fix the leak and didnt want to spend the money being that he just bought a new H2. I was going to replace the timing belt, water pump and t stat myself, and then have a clutch installed but... My girlfriend works at a tech college, and they are going to do all the repairs i want as part of their automotive class, i only have to pay for parts. Seems like a good deal to me.

Once i get the 94 pathfinder fixed i will make it my daily driver and then the work on the 89 begins. I want to put in a small lift kit, new steering, and some new yokohama 31s. I would also like to have some of the body rust repaired. I am not sure how easy it is to find non rusted body repair panels. (i need the floor under the rear seat). I fill take some pictures soon.

Welcome! Sounds like you've got the Pathy Mod Bug but don't worry, it'll get worse. :D

AFAIK, you're not going to find a replacement floor panel. Your best bet is to cut all the rusty bits out and form and weld some sheetmetal in there. Or you could try using fiberglass for the repair. That's a common problem and is on many of us here's "to do" list. Either way be sure to get all the rust out or it'll just come back. You should also check the drivers floor board right under the gas pedal. That's another spot prone to rust. Also take a look in the front of the rear wheel wells for holes on the 89. Fix those too or else water will get in there and rot your rocker panels from the inside out.

I stopped by radio shack and picked up some regulators to fix my fuel/temp gauge. Well they did not have any 8 volt. I picked up a 5V and a 12V, its all they had, $1.50 each. Can i use either one and still have it function properly? or should i take the time and get the 8V? any suggestions???

I can get a lot of 50 of those KA7808 regulators on ebay for $4, but if i can use the 12 or 5 it would save me some time.

Edited by loke0301

I was curious if i can run stock "lego" wheels with a 3 in suspension lift? I really like those wheels and would like to keep them.

Calmini lift? I like the package, some say not too good. I dont want to have to modify any rear springs (JGC), and installing grease points on the control arm bushings would only take a minute. The extra cash over a superlift/RC is not an issue, but then i have to piece together parts. I would rather get it all together, put the ball joints in my parts box and get some moog ball joints. Suggestions? 89 pathy 5 spd 4x4 3.0

31 inch tires. Yokohama, anyone running these tires?? Yokomaha Geolandar A/T ?? suggestions???

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?ti...e1=yes&place=12

Edited by loke0301

I was curious if i can run stock "lego" wheels with a 3 in suspension lift? I really like those wheels and would like to keep them.

Calmini lift? I like the package, some say not too good. I dont want to have to modify any rear springs (JGC), and installing grease points on the control arm bushings would only take a minute. The extra cash over a superlift/RC is not an issue, but then i have to piece together parts. I would rather get it all together, put the ball joints in my parts box and get some moog ball joints. Suggestions? 89 pathy 5 spd 4x4 3.0

31 inch tires. Yokohama, anyone running these tires?? Yokomaha Geolandar A/T ?? suggestions???

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?ti...e1=yes&place=12

welcome to the board

I have the AC upper control arms, stock torsion bars and steering with a set of calmini coils in the rear, all stock shocks and i fit 31" tires on my legos with no problems. If you front suspension is sagging, they might rub a little bit on the mudflaps. There is a big tire thread in the product review section that might interest you. If you buy ball joints, make sure you get the lifetime guarantee ones and keep the box and receipts. Those are the only part that seems to enjoy wearing out on my truck.