Putting a 350 into a Nissan...

88pathoffroad

They sell kits for that mod here too, though it is just as easy to make your own as sw and I did when we went from normally asperated 4's to fuel injected V6's. You wouldn't want it (a V8) in a 4wd situation though. It would overheat to the max. I have trouble keeping mine cool off road on a hot day (though it is better now with the twins in) and I know sw had the same issues. A V8 in that small engine bay area would be very hard to cool indeed once the revs were up and the air through the radiator slowed.

There is a 720 for sale (in oz) on ebay that has an 8 in it here.

Well, a nice Griffin 4-row radiator would be a good investment then, I suppose. Add an e-fan and take out the AC condenser and it'd probably run fine.

4 row radiator..... :rolleyes:

even less airflow thru to the engine, ay steveo....

if i were to re work my pathy setup it would be a 2 row aluminium

• 3 weeks later...
4 row radiator..... :rolleyes:

even less airflow thru to the engine, ay steveo....

if i were to re work my pathy setup it would be a 2 row aluminium

It's a hard call Steevo but I'd take my chances with the 4 core.

The engine bay just doesn't allow for good are flow no matter what you use. We are both exaples of that.

We both left out air con and we both have V8 (based) radiators and we both got hot. Remember, I used a v6 commodore radiator originally and it overheated as soon as I went off road. Anything slightly tougher than a Safeway car park and I could fry eggs on the bloody thing.

As I said, the twins made a difference but it wouldn't cool a V8 on a mild hill on a warm day. And once it gets hot you'd have to shut down because the fans don't cut it. For road use, a V8 would run all day without any problems IMO.

Hey Pickles.....That's what I was going to do if I ever got my Stroker put in. Run like a ram-air scooped hood on the pathy. It would look similar to Mr. Jim's hood, but actually be functional.

you dont think we've stuffed as much electric fan in ther as possible? ;)

it has to do with with how much air flow the pathy engine bay gets & when you stuff a bigger motor in there the amount of air that gets thru the radiator is abit under par for the bigger motor.

Yes electic fans help, but they are NOT the be all and end all.

some food for thought, mechanical fans have MUCH, MUCH higher output, can be up to 10 times that of an electric fan, so that would be another possibility

:beer:

Edited by sw

I would think that a higher cfm e-fan would do the trick really.

Higher air flow will help. Unfortunately we used them and they still didn't do the job properly. Having said that... Cowling would do wonders to help cool it too, but finding the space between the motor and radiator to fit one is a different story.

hmmm... perhaps it is time for some custom work and a little "bump out" in the front to allow the radiator to be shifted forward some?

I already a couple visuals coming to mind. :idea:

Yes it would take some work, but the bigger question may be... Would it be worth the work?