BP Skid Help

MichiganAve

Well, here is how they lay out before mounting. The front mounts to the back and into existing cross member holes, the back mounts to a bar you add. If you are dropping the cross member the second plate may not reach the bar, so you may have to revise the bar or its mounting.

117_1794.jpg

Hope this helps B)

Now that I look at it, does that skid behind the front one (don't know them by name) mount to the front subframe crossmember?

The front skid mounts under the rad at the front, then under the cross member for the motor/suspension. The next one also bolts onto the motor cross member and then to a special bar BP supplies for the rear attachment. They can be used independently of each other but if the motor cross member is dropped, it would put the holes out of alignment and a new or modified rear bar would be needed I think, plus the bends would have to be re-done a bit. As for the front skid, maybe elongating the mounting holes might work if there is enough material.

do those skids need to be pulled when doing oil?

PS my bottom radiator support (where the skid bolts to up front) is creased in the middle and slightly bent like a V i wonder if this renders a skid plate impossible to mount?

Hey Marcel, Just wondering if you will still be able to make "normal" (not for pradolift) skidplates for the R50? I do not see myself getting the prado lift for awhile and I need skids in a bad way. Just curious.

Hey Marcel, Just wondering if you will still be able to make "normal" (not for pradolift) skidplates for the R50? I do not see myself getting the prado lift for awhile and I need skids in a bad way. Just curious.

Yup just PM me.

Dan Left you a message.via msn

ttyl

Now that I look at it, does that skid behind the front one (don't know them by name) mount to the front subframe crossmember?

Looks like it. It would seem that dropping the subframe would affect both the defender and champion skid mounts then and neither would fit anymore...