fare well

milehighcowboy

just cause teh timing belt breaks, doesnt mean its all over. I recently bought a 1g 300zx (same engine as the wd21) with a "broken timing belt" and it was only the tensioner bearing. replaced both the bearing and belt and she still runs like new today.

but getting $1850 for a non-running pathy is a pretty good deal!

Edited by gxl90rx7

yea i still got the pathy. i dont know for how long though. i may just keep it around for now. i am not going to sell it non running. but yea lets figure that out.

ben

-bounce- woooooHooooooo! yer back. ok, whip them there covers off n take a looksie. then we'll go from there.

do you still have my #? call me if you have any questions! :beer:

to get the t-belt cover off, you should start by removing your fan, then the belts, then a bunch of little bolts holding the upper cover on.

Edited by k9sar

and if there is no belt it popped right lol. ok i think i can manage it. also is there even a point if my engine is not truning over at all. i was told you would still hear the bottom pully turning if it was just the belt? we dont hear anything.

ben

these are interference engines. If your t-belt is gone and you crank the engine, you'll destroy/bend valves. By not hearing anything, am I to assume that the starter solenoid isn't even clicking?