new here

jack

hello im Jack im 17 and i live in wisconsin. i just got my drivers license a couple months ago and my parents just officially gave me my 1990 SE. i have been looking at these forums for months and have finally decided to become a member. the only question i have right now is the dial to the left of the steering wheel right under the cruise control switch, what does that do and what is it?

Thanks for your help. It was the dimmer for the guages.

I have another question, on the right hand side of the steering wheel is a switch labeled E-At and i have no clue to its function. I have pictures of it i just need to upload them. They will be up later tonight.

The e-at switch allows you to switch the trans between Auto (normal driving) and power (sporty driving, steep hills etc...) that comes right from the manual of my 93SE. Pretty sure its the same. Try it out and see if it works.

I'm 17 also and my dad gave me his 93SE. Great trucks ;)

Edited by redfinder

Welcome! Wisconson, eeh? Im originally from Minnesota. The E-AT button is for your transmission. Basicly, when you push it, a green(or is it yellow) light comes on and just changes your shift points. Its kind of like newer cars that have OD off button. If you have been lurking around, then you should have seen the discussions on adding a external trans cooler to your rig. This is a very good idea. Any other questions & we will be happy to try and help you out!

P.S. Someone may come by and tell you to use the SEARCH function, whatever! Just kidding, its very valueable(?). Now, go and spread the word on how Pathfinders KICK A$$!