Alright...I've had it with this Import Crap

El Pathfindero

AS a lot of you know, just finished the replacement of my Autotragic. but guess what? still shifts just as hard as the old one did before i sheared all the bushings.....1st to second is really hard, 2nd to 3rd is sloppy and long.....and to top it all off every time i park i find a good sized pool of ATF leaking from my t-case.....but my level never seems to get lower when i check it. :wacko:

If i dont figure this out within the next week you will all See El pathindero up for sale, because I am tired of dealing with this import crap that you cant even plug a Snap-on red brick into to figure out issues...Why didnt i buy an XJ? :hide:

Torsion bar indexing is a loss, Pathy sits a little too the left and low as hell...just fed up with all the issues this thing has if you work on it yourself. :furious:

I hate to sell it but i hate to even open the damn hood on this thing. every time i do i know i'll have to dissassemble the entire thing just to do something simple like changing the t-stat :furious:

I hear your pain but they are generally GREAT machines. Have you tried any conditioners or treatments yet? I had a problem shifting into R and eventually lost it altogether. Also had hard shift from 1 to 2. A customer of mine rebuilds tranys so I asked him. He said try the conditioners first as working on a Pathy trany is a bitch. I can't remember the brand I bought but basically he said the "O" rings may have small cracks in them causing pressure problems and the coinditioner softens them up and cures the problem. Fixed mine up 95% so I was very happy!

I just drained the system and added new fluid and the additive. About 30 min max!

Hope that helps.

With your torsion bars if you just crank them up how you want them then you bring it to get aligned they should fix it for you. At least thats what they did with mine. I did a ton of front end work then I did the torsion bars and limped it into the alignment shop and they gave me an alignment and fixed the level for 50.00

but I would ask them if they would do it before you commit to anything. As for the tranny fluid problem I don't know what to say

If you decide to go with a different car don't throw the nissan down the gutter because in my experience and from things I have heard the pathy is a very reliable truck.

I've heard those treatments and conditioners are snake oil.

My T-bars are maxed out and the pathy sits about 1 1/2 inches lower than it used to

El Pathfindero has got 230,000 on her man-how much longer will she take me?

And she's still leaking ATF out the t-case. Maybe we put too much in and its coming out the breather tube for the t-case?? :unsure:

Whatever,

El P

Guest SuperSon

Maybe a new torsion bar would help.

You could be right on the t-case. I was thinking of putting like a piece of cloth on the breather tube but not completely plug it and drive it for about 5 mins and take a look at that piece of cloth and see if it has fluid on it then youll know its leaking from that breather due to to much fluid

Have you reindexed the T-bars? That may sold the who issue :aok:

My original engine was running strong at 290,000 miles and would still be in the truck.. now at 305,600 ...if the crankshaft keys had not rounded the keyways out in the crank.

For Tbars, yes, try re-indexing them. If no go, SwayAway makes good stuff from my experience (approx. 35k miles driven on and off road). I was just being stubborn, and replaced them rather than trying to reindex the stock ones. Mainly I wanted the lift and new stuff, but they do seem to ride better too. Comparing stock stuff versus aftermarket at the same2-3" lift height, its like the stock tbars ride rough lifted and feel like they're maxed out, while the SwayAways are more like 50-75% effort to do the same job. A bit more bounce and movement all around, because they still have a bit more give before they're maxed.

I've heard those treatments and conditioners are snake oil.

My T-bars are maxed out and the pathy sits about 1 1/2 inches lower than it used to

El Pathfindero has got 230,000 on her man-how much longer will she take me?

And she's still leaking ATF out the t-case. Maybe we put too much in and its coming out the breather tube for the t-case?? :unsure:

Whatever,

El P

When I did my t-bars I had to redo it several times because I did not put the bolt in the right position. You actually start the tension way below the anchor and if you don't do it right if feels like you're maxing out then you put the truck on the ground and it sinks

I did that and just about had a heartattack, but after a little more time I figured out the problem