Nata database

packie88

So my parents were looking to get rid of there 1994 acura legend gs gold edition with 105000 miles on the car, they were looking at a 2001 or 2003 nissan xterra (thank god they are staying within nissan and a good model at that) anywya they were asking 14000 for the xterra. So a dealer says that they are only going to give him 2800 dollar trade in value on his car (price according to the NATA wholesale database) but the dealer wants kbb value on the xterra. those sleaseballs. anyway wondering if any1 had access to the nata wholesale database and could get me a password or access to it. that way we could use the nata wholesale database to counter the guy with, cause he doesnt want to use kbb value for both cars, so i figure ill tell the guy choose a database and we will use those prices. i hate car salesman, bunch of assh*les. i love going into dealerships and tearing apart there used cars with whats wrong with the car and watch them panic.

Sorry to say dude but (as a former "sleaseball" myself) $2800.00 on an almost 13 year old Honda (which I'm sure is due for t-belt, etc) is pretty generous.

It's "NADA" not TA...National Automotive Dealers Association. I think anyone with access to it is pretty hard-pressed to give you their permissions. They could loose their job :unsure:

Your parents are probably smart older people. 14K on an '01 X is ludicrous. On an '03 MAYBE.

What model? XE? SE? S/C? Miles? 4wd? There's a ton of variables your not including in your situation... P...

i hate car salesman, bunch of assh*les. i love going into dealerships and tearing apart there used cars with whats wrong with the car and watch them panic.

And it's 18 year old punks like you that myself or other a$$hole "salesmen" never wasted our time with...If that's all you have time to do with yourself, you must have a pretty boring life! :X

Edited by navygz19

What he wrote is incredibly naieve Dan...I'll just shrug it off and blame his immaturity for such a juvenile comment.

Granted, I no longer work there and haven't for a few years...even bought 2 cars since then and had some great debates with car salesmen...that comment is so over-used though and un-called for.

the car is in immaculate condtion body has one or two small scratches, and the car has been taken care of and everything replaced when needed. its an acura to. if you work out the mileage we have only put 7,000 miles a year on that car, which is so low. when the average is something close to 12,000-15,000.

http://www.championshipmotors.com/347768.html

down near the bottom, its the yellow one and the car has a manifold leak as i have gone and test drove it with my dad.

yea and i only do it when im seriously considering buying a car and use it to try and gain an advantage in the sale. the other problem is is that you guys wont give us 18 year old punks the time of day with a car sales because you automatically assume that we dont have the money to purchase a car and that its a waste of your time

Please don't say that you "love" to walk on to car lots and start bringing up illigitimate issues with used cars to get a chuckle out of it...THEN SAY it's not your fault that you do that. Trust me...I've been to the DMV, I've waited in lines at the bank, I know how fun it is to go on excapades to the dealership and be a prick. It's ok though, everyone does it and everyone always will..

Acura's are Hondas, always have been.

14K on an '01 is ridiculous. 12 TOPS with an extended warranty and some other bells and whistles. If this is your parents who are buying, can they not simply make demands on the car? I bought my 02 Pathy w/ 40K miles for $16. I think that dealership can come down a bit... :aok:

i know acuras are hondas. come on though the 2800 price seems low. KBB values a trade in at about 5500. and the guy is giving 2800 and wont budge a bit, wont even come down on the price. the car is selling private party at 8 grand and the delaership would probably be asking ten and be like look what good low mileage. my dad want to give the guy the acura legend plus 6 grand for the xterra. guy didnt even make a counter offer. yes weve started looking elsewhere. and i guess my problem with hating this dealership was the fact that i was asking about a car, land rover for 3500 that was a project car, and i thought i would ask whats wrong and maybe take it on and turn it into a fun offroad car or something. and he was just a complete ass to me, he didnt even tell me what was wrong with it, was just like "everything" and i asked three more times and each time he was like "everything" and each time i got more and more specific. and i guess this was just my way of venting, it really bugged me.

No matter how some customers may or may not be there are salesmen who are complete a$$'s and everyone knows it.

But at the same time there are also customers who are the same... There are only a few people here who know which is the case (or both maybe) so IMO it's probably not worth arguing about here.

yes weve started looking elsewhere

That may be the best thing you can do at this point (something good to do in almost any situation anyway) :aok:

weve started looking elsewhere.

That may be the best thing you can do at this point

Yep, I agree. And I also agree that there are plenty of (mainly old, old fashioned 3x divorced men) a$$ salesmen. That wasn't my point though, it was in response to the initial statement he made.

At any rate you're right, there IS no sense arguing here, certainly not even on the internet over this topic ;)

Good luck to you and your folks w/ the Xterra. What about the '03??

Edited by navygz19

just mho, 2800 is a little low but 5500 seems a little high. it depends on the market you're in though. 14k for the X seems a little high. i think they can probably find a cheaper one but don't hold your breath on getting much more then 3300-3500 for the other.. and that's being pretty optimistic.

anyway, good luck.

Ya gotta remember though, Packie is (like me) in the general Seattle area. The market is high for such things, and a good condition Ac Legend will go for a pretty penny still. Same with an Xterra. We don't have salt and all the B.S. that kills cars in the rust *bucket* belt. :D Its not a fair comparison really, as 95 Pathy's in excellent condition and low miles can still be found on lots for like $7-8K+ from time to time. It just depends on the vehicle, the car lot... and the sucker.

Edited by Mr. Pickles

Your Acura may be "worth" more according to KBB, but a 13 y/o car is not going to be sold on any dealer lot...it's going to be auctioned, thus, they give you a (suppossedly) current wholesale price, minus a few thousand (they gotta make some money off of it too) Your car will never me a "turn-around" car that gets traded in, reconditioned, and then sold on their own lot. It will be auctioned off by the local auctioneers, because there would be no market for it there. Trust me, they're not going to give you much more for it. It's not worth anything to them.

As Slick said, sell it yourself and use the cash as a bargaining tool.