Be prepared for the following install

Mr. Pickles

Toys... toys... toys....

Pacesetter headers and oil filter relocation kit. Yes, I said Pacesetter. 2/3f the price of Thorley's, the Pacesetters with immediate delivery and Thorley with at least a month back order. I've heard what a "month" means in Thorley time. We have no salt here, little rust, no B.S., etc. I plan on a full coat of high-temp header paint before install. Wish me luck.

header.jpg

Now I've just gotta nail down some install time.

Way to go Mr.P :cool2: I know that this question is kinda late to ask you now but did you try ordering at summit? :D

Yes, got it all through Summitracing.com, thank of course to Slick's help with the part # for the relo kit. :beer:

Yes, got it all through Summitracing.com, thank of course to Slick's help with the part # for the relo kit. :beer:

:takebow::takebow: lol. so you did go with the perma cool then? it rocks. i love mine :bow:

Guest SuperSon
Yes, got it all through Summitracing.com, thank of course to Slick's help with the part # for the relo kit.  :beer:

Didnt clarify myself P... ..I mean the Thorleys. Ill be ordering the relo kit too.My filter socket is still attached on my oil filter..lols

Edited by SuperSon

Didnt clarify myself P... ..I mean the Thorleys

Bah! I've got what I got now, and I could probably get the Thorley's around.... March. It is what it is. Who knows, the Thorley's are probably better of course, but I'm looking at a custom exhaust soon enough so screw it.

i went pacesetters. and i didnt even do the coated ones. jus the bare stock ones. shop i had do em did a real ****** job. i went with the dual oill relo, probably a mistake, didnt work out and leaked for some reason that i could not figure out, so now i just have the stock filter again. YAY! not.

Mr. P I hope your Hi-Temp Paint is better than mine was. Mine lasted all of one heat cycle. I used VHT's product with disastrious results. Other than that the Pacesetters will be fine just watch the EGR tube fitting.

Congrats on the toy's :aok:

If a PH8A is to big for where you install it, I can get you the Bosch part number for a shorter filter (same diameter) which was used on some older Chryslers after they changed to bigger steering boxes which reduced the amount of room for a filter... at least that is my understanding :shrug:

That is what I currently have installed on my dual... I bought them instead because I was not sure if I could get two full sized filter in there, but after placing it I know now that I can fit them. I originally picked up four of those filters (buy one get one free) its been one month since I installed it and just put the other two on. My next oil change... next month :blink: I will be going with the full sized ones... see how that works :aok:

Why not send them out to get the Jet Hot coating? I hear it's better than ceramic.

Near as I can tell, that would be roughly $225-300 from the prices I found online, more than the $217 I paid for the headers. No thanks. ;)