Oil Filter relocation kit

blamtro

I have seen people talk about the oil filter relocation kits for the pathfinder. I, however, can not find anything when I search for it. I have a 1997, is it available for mine? Where can I get it?

Edit:

I found a relocation kit on summit racing.

Has anyone had any success with these? What are peoples' experience with using a setup like this?

Edited by blamtro

Ya i can’t find anything either. i did find a relocation kit for a CRV that runs the same oil filter, but i dont know if it will screw onto the threaded pipe that come out of the block of the Pathy The pipe threads for the CRV and the Pathy are more than likely different. I should talk to the guys at the parts place, tell them what i want to do so if it doesn’t work i can return that CRV Kit. Just have to remember to ask when im there.

Fram's product guide shows the same oil filter for the 3.5, and the 3.3, so the kit listed above should work for the "Good" engine as well. :aok:

Though, I don't know why I'm sharing such valuable information with a Canucks fan! :P

Fram's product guide shows the same oil filter for the 3.5, and the 3.3, so the kit listed above should work for the "Good" engine as well. :aok:

Though, I don't know why I'm sharing such valuable information with a Canucks fan! :P

Thanks!

The Canucks? Gone in the tank again I see :P

Wait till the Lions whip the Argos for the Grey Cup :lol:

In doing some research for Pezzy's truck, I came across this.

96-04 Nissan Trucks & Xterra V6 3.3L F/inj. Dual filter kit # 1258, single filter kit # 1158

Transdapt Parts list

So, just try to find a Transdapt dealer near you! :aok:

That's who makes the dual that I have (VG30 here)

• 3 weeks later...

Just to add....I tried fitting the 1158 kit to Pezzy's R50, without luck. The part of the kit that fits where the filter should go (filter adapter) does not fit. It is not because of thread size, or seal diameter, but because the space between the alternator bracket and oil pan isn't big enough to allow the larger in diameter filter adapter to fit where the tiny stock filter does. Unfortunately, back to the drawing board. :(