It's Coming it's coming it's coming

The Drift

Oh man. I've been waiting to see a video of it. Can't say it's the sexiest thing I've ever seen, but SH!T it sounds great!

I'm not at all surprised Nissan didn't go with a small displacement V8, why would they? Isn't the 3.8 the Skyline's using a VQ derived product? TT'ing is a far better choice IMO. Reminds me of when the 300ZX TT's came out, I thought they were the baddest cars around, especially because my dad's friend had a black one. Too bad they didn't go...oh I dunno, RB30 or 35DETT. Now THAT would been cool!

I gotta say, Nissan V6's have some of the sweetest exhausts notes ever :aok:

Wonder what the internals are gonna be like? Aluminum to save weight but sacrifice a high redline, but yield high tourque? Maybe the opposite?

There's SO MUCH left untold about this car still P...

Edited by navygz19

If this car would have gone V-8 N/A I would have been EXTREMELY pissed as that totally kills the heritage. This car has SERIOUS history, from being the first Japanese supercar/streetcar to being one of few road cars actually BANNED from many sanctions of racing for being too good essentially. They need to not pull a GM on this one and just give it to us.

Hey, you think they'll let me enter one in NASCAR?

Speaking of which, wasn't Toyota going to enter in NASCAR at one point in time? I think it was like 2 years ago, if my memory serves me correctly.

I think they wised up.... NASCAR is like AMA Grand National racing... There ain't no way the sanctioning body is going to let anyone but the favored brand win. If they started winning, the rules will be changed pronto.

I now classify NASCAR in the same category as professional wrestling. While not quite as completely scripted (yet), it is getting closer every year. Heck, they even have televised pre- and post- event trash talking now!

But basically, the rules are constantly being changed (and selectively enforced!) to guide the outcome to what the series directors want.

I think they wised up.... NASCAR is like AMA Grand National racing... There ain't no way the sanctioning body is going to let anyone but the favored brand win. If they started winning, the rules will be changed pronto.

I now classify NASCAR in the same category as professional wrestling. While not quite as completely scripted (yet), it is getting closer every year. Heck, they even have televised pre- and post- event trash talking now!

But basically, the rules are constantly being changed (and selectively enforced!) to guide the outcome to what the series directors want.

Funny you should bring that up. I was starting to feel the same way but thought I was the only one!

I have always regarded NASCAR as retarded BS only fit for beer swilling rednecks (sorry Slick...)

The idea it was based on was great! Back in the beginning when you'd take a showroom stock vehicle and go racing, and really see who was the best!

Now JGTC and WRC, those are what racing is REALLY about to me! I mean how many other forms of pro racing have privateers?!

Back to topic on hand though:

Mmmmm Skyline *drool* Too bad I can't afford one... :sniff:

I cannot wait to place my order.

I guess its time to save some pennies.. in a SCC mag said price is going to start about $70k or so. nice 450hp v6...hmmm think I found a new motor for the pathy P... hehe...now will have to wait until they come out and some idiot totals it.. :hide:

I guess its time to save some pennies.. in a SCC mag said price is going to start about $70k or so. nice 450hp v6...hmmm think I found a new motor for the pathy P... hehe...now will have to wait until they come out and some idiot totals it.. :hide:

Yeah, that is one thing that pissed me the heck off. I was totally expecting a car more towards the 45-60 range, and it seems the price tag just keeps rising.

They know avid fans will pay it though, and that sucks.

The 99GT-R had it hit American shores (as a production vehicle not improted by a MotoRex or some other dealer) would probably hit floors starting at 35-40 working it's way up to the 50's. I know they are gunning for Z06's and Porche's, but even the Skyline of old could do that. Oh well. If the price tag goes above 65k I'll probably look into leasing.

Yeah, that is one thing that pissed me the heck off. I was totally expecting a car more towards the 45-60 range, and it seems the price tag just keeps rising.

They know avid fans will pay it though, and that sucks.

The 99GT-R had it hit American shores (as a production vehicle not improted by a MotoRex or some other dealer) would probably hit floors starting at 35-40 working it's way up to the 50's. I know they are gunning for Z06's and Porche's, but even the Skyline of old could do that. Oh well. If the price tag goes above 65k I'll probably look into leasing.

Absolutely no way. Look at any somewhat hot model coming out, Asian, American, or German. Take MSRP +20-30% at least. There's no way Nissan would pass up the same premiums other marques are collecting. Even now, there's no way they would put out a NA 450 car and completely undercut the competitinion, when BMW M's and Merc's are getting what they are, and Lexus/Toyota and Acura/Honda have nothing close to offer.

I'd bet $65-70K + options skyroketing from there. I'm gonna go ahead and play devil's advicate, and go against the ricer mentality. Imagine if they put a tweaked/breathed on version of the V8 in the M sedans into this beast. I'm thinking modern GT 350 vs GT500. Mmmmmmmmm.

Absolutely no way. Look at any somewhat hot model coming out, Asian, American, or German. Take MSRP +20-30% at least. There's no way Nissan would pass up the same premiums other marques are collecting. Even now, there's no way they would put out a NA 450 car and completely undercut the competitinion, when BMW M's and Merc's are getting what they are, and Lexus/Toyota and Acura/Honda have nothing close to offer.

I'd bet $65-70K + options skyroketing from there. I'm gonna go ahead and play devil's advicate, and go against the ricer mentality. Imagine if they put a tweaked/breathed on version of the V8 in the M sedans into this beast. I'm thinking modern GT 350 vs GT500. Mmmmmmmmm.

I totally get what you're saying, and I pretty much agree.

It's just kind of ****** when you look at this car coming in being priced above G and M series Infiniti's, heck even above their Q series cars/trucks. I understand that they are aiming for a different market, but they've always kicked that market's ass without being priced into that market.

Speaking of which, wasn't Toyota going to enter in NASCAR at one point in time?  I think it was like 2 years ago, if my memory serves me correctly.

Last I heard they were starting in the Nextel series next year. :shrug:

http://www.jayski.com/teams/toyota.htm

Edited by GrimGreg

I know this is pretty much what the final car will look like but I'm still dying to see the absolute finished product.

As far as price goes $70k is not bad considering it's aim is cars like the Porshe911Turbos which cost $125k. It'll be right up there (price wise) with the american cars ZO6 and viper. Wouldn't mind having that [dream state] the Pathy for the off-road trails; the Titan for ... whatever the hell I want it for; and the Skyline for just going FAST whenever I want! Droooooool

I hate to say it guys. You'll kill me. But I think the skyline is HIGHLY over rated. As many cars/trucks can become. Given My fave (Vette) is often over rated too. BUT None the less, I think I would go with a 07 Corvette Z06 in black. 505 HP out of a 7L small block (Who can argue with that YUM!)

Linky to Z06 Review (totally worth watching)

TOP GEAR VETTE!

Edited by Extreme90path

I hate to say it guys. You'll kill me. But I think the skyline is HIGHLY over rated. As many cars/trucks can become. Given My fave (Vette) is often over rated too. BUT None the less, I think I would go with a 07 Corvette Z06 in black. 505 HP out of a 7L small block (Who can argue with that YUM!)

Linky to Z06 Review (totally worth watching)

TOP GEAR VETTE!

I won't argue. My dad bought a Dodge SR/T something or other special trim Viper engined truck. Holy *&^%$. The goddamn thing purrs like a kitten, nothing un-trucklike. Then he pulls out, hammers it and..... holygood$#&%inggodwhatthe$#&%!!!!

Its a sick beast. Puts me in a different point view with the Pathy.