BC man sues UPS

nige

Any of my fellow canucks that have ever ordered something from the states and had it shipped via UPS can feel this guy's pain:

CBC story

I think i'll email him and lend him my support. When I ordered my Alpine radio, they dinged me with $60 worth of 'brokerage fees' on a $200 parcel. That's why i'll never buy anything from american online retailers unless they use USPS for shipping (hint-hint Rugged Rocks ;) ). They have never charged me more than $10 brokerage fees on anything i've ordered from the states.

Edited by skrillaguerilla

For those of you that live in Ontario and want to be a part of this suit, a woman from the BC law firm replied to my email and gave me the info for the law firm handling the case in Ontario:

Thank you for your email concerning our UPS Class Action which have recently commenced.

The response to the commencement of this action has been overwhelming - right across Canada.

We note that you are from Ontario.  We are working on this case with the London, Ontario firm of Siskind, Cromarty, Ivey & Dowler LLP; their toll free telephone number is 800 - 461- 6166.  The lawyer in that firm with whom we are working is Daniel Bach.  His email address is daniel.bach (at) siskinds.com.  For further information about the Ontarion action, please contact Siskinds directly.

Thank you for your interest in this matter.