all hail HAIL!

ticker

A couple weeks ago we had a pretty bad storm here in cental Ohio. I was fortunately out of town and didn't have to witness the carnage first hand. In fact until my neighbor told me to check the house and car I hadn't noticed anything at all. Well as soon as I got home I checked out the pathy and was shocked that I hadn't noticed all the little dents on the hood and roof for the two days I'd been home. Here the good part, when we bought our house the insurance company offered a house/auto policy with comprehensive on the cars for less then we had been paying for liability only.

I brought the pathy to the the adjuster on Saturday to see if the damage would be woth paying the deductible and HOLY CRAP- I'll be reciving a $1700 check in 3-5 business days! They adjuster made a point of telling me a few times that I did not have to spend the money on fixing the hail damage. OK... So now I'm trying to decide what to spend it on. I'm thinking new tires and shocks or maybe getting the exhaust fixed. Its like an early christmas. My wife is getting 1200 for her tercel which the dealer just offered us 1500 as a trade in. Definately gonna put that towards a new ride for her. Anyway, I've never been through a hail storm like this before-and really hope never to again. The house is next, aluminum siding + hail= a whole lota ugly. Wish me luck.

Ticker -bounce- -bounce- -bounce- -bounce- -bounce- -bounce- -bounce- -bounce-

all the little dents on the hood and roof

Lets hope the paint doesn't chip and it starts to rust... Other than that, it sounds like free $ for now! Tires and shocks will make it nicer and safer to drive, the exhaust will be mainly audible fix other than warped manifolds/broken studs which can shorten the life of the motor. :shrug:

B

Lets hope the paint doesn't chip and it starts to rust... Other than that, it sounds like free $ for now! Tires and shocks will make it nicer and safer to drive, the exhaust will be mainly audible fix other than warped manifolds/broken studs which can shorten the life of the motor. :shrug:

B

there are only a couple that might be a problem, but thanks for the heads up I'll keep an eye on the main offenders. Yes it is the broken stud issue and I really never though I'd have the money to fix it.