PAINTING PATHY

92pathy

HEY GUYS THE PAINT ON MY PATHY IS WAY FADED SO I'M PLANNING ON PAINTING IT.... WITH SPRAY CANS, I WAS THINKIN BOUT PAINTING IT OLIVE DRAB WITH A WHITE STAR ON THE DRIVER AN PASSENGERS DOORS WHAT DO YALL THINK

Edited by 92pathy

Well, you did ask, sooooo...

:oops:

I say leave the "psuedo US military vehicle" look to the heeps...

You will also end up using about 30 cans of paint and it will look horrible - you will be able to see each and every pass - it will be blotchy and not look anything like what you're imagining.

Oh, and please blow up your caps lock key....

^^^Mister glass half empty^^^^^ :laugh::laugh::laugh:

It would be a different paint job. Probably will end up costing you quite a bit if your rig isn't already olive green. :P

My pathy is.......was........partially still is white :wacko: (well the bottom is now Rock Guard black due to our marvoulous Canadian salted roads). I know that the Pathfinder white is pretty much the same as Tremclad white.

It's great, you can keep a can in your tool box and clean up scratches right on the trail.

Denis

Personally, I'd rather pay Earl Sheib to spray it, but if you're gonna do that why not go camo? It would prolly look better than trying to do a solid olive drab with spray paint plus there's a lot of different camo patterns to choose from.

Personally, I'd rather pay Earl Sheib to spray it, but if you're gonna do that why not go camo? It would prolly look better than trying to do a solid olive drab with spray paint plus there's a lot of different camo patterns to choose from.

:clap: i'm with JJ on this one fer sure :aok:

If your looking for a cheap paint job, see if you cant get a local shop to just shoot on a couple coats of a matte black, drab, or "sand". Forgo the star. Trying to make a Japanese made SUV look like an American combat jeep will more than likley get you laughed at beyond belief.

hey guys! haha ive missed everyone, and my pathy, of course. I'm pretty heavy into my coastal protection stuff now, but I bought a really fast jetta lol I know that sounds bad, but hey, this thing is QUICK>>>14 second 1/4 mile. Whats goin on with the pathy. something doesnt sound right, but with these things, chances are something isnt right...lemme know?? thanks man!

-Ben

I say go ahead and do it! Better yet get some one to photochop a pic of Your pathy with the same paint scheme to see how it looks. it can be done with cans one panel at a time but I would try to tape off everything myself buy the paint from local autobody paint store and pay some one to spray it. I bet it will look cool! Who has photoshop on their PC?

If you choose to pursue, I would beg or borrow a compressor, pick up a cheap paint gun (there are pot metal chinese guns out there for less than $30...) and buy a gallon of auto paint.

It will end up costing less than 2 cases of rattle cans, look a lot better, and last a lot longer. Rattle can paint will be fading and flaking within a year or two.

i am with MWS on this. if yer gunna do it, go the extra 100 yards n make it look that much better by spraying with a gun instead of nasty little cans. it will look better and last longer as he said. :aok:

If you choose to pursue, I would beg or borrow a compressor, pick up a cheap paint gun (there are pot metal chinese guns out there for less than $30...) and buy a gallon of auto paint.

It will end up costing less than 2 cases of rattle cans, look a lot better, and last a lot longer. Rattle can paint will be fading and flaking within a year or two.

if you pick up a spray gun remember to go SLOWLY. and flick your wrists at the end of each pass or else youll end up with a hella blotchy and runny paintjob. thats another thing. many thin layers is better than one thick one.