SAS swap on TV?!

Electrifyliak

I don't know if anyone heard this yet, or cares, but Extreme 4x4 on spike tv is going to do a straight axle swap on a pathfinder next season! I think that would be fun to watch. Obviously if you've done it already, you might not be too interested, but just thought I'd throw it out there.

SWEET!!! They took my advice!! i wrote this large descriptive e-mail to them like 4-5 months ago about doing a SAS on a pathfinder. told them about calmini's kit that is supposed to be comming out and all that jazz.. I'm soo excited about this.. they actually do read e-mails!!!

can't wait to see it :aok:

oh.. and how did you find out...

Edited by SteeevO

Here is the actual e-mail sent in april and sorry for the double post.

There was a commercial I saw this morning to send you a suggestion for a show of we had any. As it turns out, I do.

Calmini MFG (http://www.purenissan.com/solid_axle_swap.htm)  is coming out with a Solid Axle Swap kit for the D21 Nissan Hardbodys and WD21 Nissan Pathfinders.

I was thinking that since you are a show, you may be able to get the kit early and show it on Xtreme 4X4. or if you can’t get the kit just doing a SAS w/ D44 on a Hardbody or Pathfinder would be great to see. Preferably a Pathfinder

However if you did a SAS on a pathfinder making it a coilover front suspension would be incredible. As Calmini is planning on coming out with a coilover SAS kit for the pathfinders sometime next year.

There is a large community of people that are waiting for this kit to come out however there are many people that are already doing SAS on their pathfinders and hardbodys.

Many of these people can be found hanging around in the online discussion forums at:

http://nissan4wheelers.com/n4wheel.html

and also

http://npora.ipbhost.com/

thank you for your time you are taking to read this and hopefully you take my suggestion and I would be looking forward to seeing this on tv and even being done in my own garage.

Thanks again,

Steven

Nice Steve. Good on ya.

I'm friggin stoked to see this now. Ever since the original Trucks! host left, and was replaced with the crazy 'roider and the other dude, I turned my attention to Trucks... and Lucas Oil On the Edge (LAWNMOWER RACING RIGHT NOWWW)....

I wanna see this so bad now. I've been waiting for someone to work on a Pathy on tv. I like the hosts of Extreme 4x4 too. They know their shiz. :D

oh.. and how did you find out...

I was watching the "power block" today and they were talking about it right before extreme 4x4 started, although, I know I heard it before and forgot because they were all reruns today.

EDIT - I just looked on the site and I think it was a new episode, the ranger just broke again like it did before I guess. :confused:

Not sure when next season though, just "next season". And they were messing with project ranger (kind of old) so maybe it's this season. I hope so!

Also on "trucks!", even though it's gotten kind of gay, they are dropping and bagging a hardbody, which I've always loved. There's been one episode with them starting it, c-notching the frame and stuff. Haven't seen another installment yet, but it looks like it's gonna be cool. Just FYI

Edited by Electrifyliak

I also saw the SAS Pathfinder comment.... I have also sent them some e-mails on doing something with a Pathfinder... SL, BL, Engine Swaps(VG30DE)....

I think they sell DVD's of the shows... If not I will also have a tivo copy...

Might want to send them some pics of the members SAS Rigs....

I saw the clip also about the SASing of a Pathfinder. That will be awsome to see. Especially if Calmini is coming out with a kit. Though I rememeber someone on AC board that had a kit come apart on them in a Frontier. I hope the show welds everthing! I too emailed the show and asked them to expand thier projects instead of the same old jeep and big truck stuff. See, some shows do listen to thier audience! Oh, its a future episode. Just keep an eye on powerblocktv.com.

i went in to watch xtreme 4x4 today but the Tivo got jacked up... so i missed.. if i miss the episode(s) on the nissan... i'm gonna be mad...very mad. maybe i'll get it on dvd if need be.

You know that you can watch the "iPod" episodes on your computer too right?

I tried that and it says i need iTunes and I don't know if I want to put that crap on my computer, plus i think you have to pay for it anyway, and I'd prefer not to if I can help it

From the list of episodes on the pwerblocktv.com website, there are no episodes listed in november or december as of yet. The episodes recycle a couple of times. Ive noticed this year that new episodes are introduce a lot sooner. I DVR those shows every week so I will keep a eye open.

Electrifyliak,

I have itunes on my home computer and it works fine for itunes. If you prefer media player, just set it as your default player. Yeah, you will probably have to pay for it.

I tried that and it says i need iTunes and I don't know if I want to put that crap on my computer, plus i think you have to pay for it anyway, and I'd prefer not to if I can help it

Why not iTunes is a great MP3 and video player. And iTunes is free. Although I do think you have to pay a dollar or two to download the video, thats to replace the advertising dollars the network looses when you download it. :aok:

Why not iTunes is a great MP3 and video player. And iTunes is free. Although I do think you have to pay a dollar or two to download the video, thats to replace the advertising dollars the network looses when you download it. :aok:

I hate apple and most things with a lower case "i" in fromt of them, haha.

BLASPHEMY! :blink::blink: :o :o :eek: :eek:

well if you want to jump on the bandwagon and buy an overpriced, low battery life, low sound quality mp3 player that has "awesome covers that come in different patterns and colors" be my guest, I live to higher standards of music and electronics quality. :shrug:

and not liking apple computers is just more of a preference, although every one I've used (including a g4) seemed slow to me.