Feeler: 4x4 emblem to NPORA logo

jj big shoe

I ran across a place that does engraving on plastic sheets and had an idea to redo that little 4x4 emblem that covers the mounting holes for a factory light bar with the NPORA logo. The guy said he could do a logo no problem if I could get it to him in AutoCad, so I have a few questions:

First, is anybody else interested?

Second, could someone whip up the logo in AutoCad and send it to me? I need it to get a cost estimate. I was thinking of a variant of the logo below since its rectangular and has a border.

Third, whaddaya think?

post-1-1158886782.jpg

Edited by jj big shoe

Dunno for sure, he just said AutoCad. It's what he uses to program the engraver I suppose.

The size of the stock emblem is 5 1/8" x 1 13/16" so I think NPORA and the URL is all we would want to put on it or else it might get too busy. They'll come with 3M foam sticky back tape as well so you 4 door guys could slap 'em on like a car dealer emblem if you wanted, wouldn't want to leave anyone out. He can also do them in different colors and I'll look into that too depending on the interest in this project. Just something to fool with, we'll see.

For the third brake light right?
Sorry, but no. I'm talking about the 4x4 emblem thats on two door WD21's behind the doors near the roof line. It would be a solid piece with the logo engraved, not cut out so you could see through it.

I left a message with the guy asking about what specifically he would need me to provide but he hasn't called back yet. I'm moving to Sarasota this weekend, but I'll try him again next week sometime.

post-1-1158981163.jpg

Edited by jj big shoe

I like the third brake light idea myself...drift I know you know somebody.

thats not too hard to do yourself... Ive heard of people printing B&W on overhead sheets (clear plastic) and then trimming, and placing inside the light against the window...

• 3 weeks later...