body lift

Maz

Nissan changed the body mounts in the rear somewhere between 91 and 92, and none of the body lift kit manufacturers bothered to continue making the kits with the correct bolts for the rear mount points that were changed.

The body lifts from AC are simply 87-90 kits with the correct rear bolts added to the kit. They found a manufacturer for the bolts, (they're impossible to find anywhere otherwise) which are all you need to make the kit work on the 91-up WD21's.

Nissan changed the body mounts in the rear somewhere between 91 and 92, and none of the body lift kit manufacturers bothered to continue making the kits with the correct bolts for the rear mount points that were changed.

The body lifts from AC are simply 87-90 kits with the correct rear bolts added to the kit. They found a manufacturer for the bolts, (they're impossible to find anywhere otherwise) which are all you need to make the kit work on the 91-up WD21's.

For 2" body lift you must use metric bolts (DIN 961):

M12x150x1.25

for 3":

M12x180x1.25

http://www.fullermetric.com/products/hex/d...ine_thread.html

Edited by Iron Locust

When talking about metric fasteners, medium strength is grade 8.8, and high strength is 10.9, preferably, you want high strength 10.9

I used medium strength bolts 8.8.

10.9 is very difficult to find, even in Europe & Russia.

Edited by Iron Locust

when you can't find a bolt locally try Fastenal, or another large fastener manufacturing company...most of them will deal with resale if you can't find what you need. I have had to order other products from them directly.. working on motorcycles mostly, I tend to need a lot of odd sized bolts metric and standard. Also they carry a product called time sert....best spark plug hole thread repair I have ever found!

Nearly all the high strength bolts on Nissans are 1.25 fine pitch, there are a hand full of 1.00 extra fine pitch (ex. the 2 bolts that hold the caliper to the mount bracket), if you come across 1.50 std. pitch, these are usually not high strength bolts, they’re medium strength. As I rework/restore on my Pathy I replace with high strength stainless hardware whenever I can. I get nearly all of it from:

http://totallystainless.net

I am in the process of a 3”- 4” SL, and they have been able to provide everything I’ve needed so far. Keep in mind, high strength stainless hardware is not cheap. Be careful not to use the stainless hardware sold at most hardware and home supply stores, it’s not the right type for high strength/high torque applications, and it will gall even using antiseize. High strength stainless hardware must be designated “ARP”, or use 17-4 PH grade stainless steel, this grade can also be used for high temp apps like headers and exhaust systems.