Noisy in cab on wet raods?

cvearl

For the first time since I got my 02 Pathhammer, it rained. Alot.

Driving around I hear the wet "shwishy" noise as I roll along but only if there is a thin layer of water on the pavement.

Seems to be comming from behind me somewhere. Almost like one of the doors is not closed all the way or a window in the back is opened a crack if that makes sense. I am going to have to wait for another rainy day and ride as a passenger to investigate but until then...

Is this a personality trait of this vehicle? Or a re-occurring but cureable issue?

C.

Edited by cvearl

I think it is a trait of wagon/van type vehicles, they are inherently nosier than sedans as the rear wheel wells are open to the cab, rather than in a trunk. Our Sienna van is the same.

Also all that open area makes a nice echo chamber, magnifying all the noise.

Yeah, road noise when it's wet out is pretty loud, especially from the rear wheel wells. This is typical behavior. You can reduce the noise by spraying a rubberized undercoating in the wheelwells.

Mine does the same thing.  I've never had any leaks.  Don't worry about it too much...just turn up the stereo if the sound bothers you.  LOL.

But I still have the stock BOSE so you mean turn up the Radio. Hahahahaha.

Oh sorry. Thought you said CD.

C.

Edited by cvearl

you should also check the plugs on your rocker panels. Sometimes water can get inside there and not properly drain out the holes. This happened on my co-workers miata, but he never took the rubber plugs out of the holes to drain all the water. It ended up costing him new rocker panels due to rust.

But I still have the stock BOSE so you mean turn up the Radio. Hahahahaha.

Oh sorry. Thought you said CD.

C.

HA that's hillarious I'm with you man...

BTW the other day I really wanted to listen to a Jack Johnson CD and of course, it was giving me a hard time. I smacked the hell out of the face of the HU and, low and behold, it hasn't given me an issue since!

That was 2 days ago, a record for sure :D

HA that's hillarious I'm with you man...

BTW the other day I really wanted to listen to a Jack Johnson CD and of course, it was giving me a hard time. I smacked the hell out of the face of the HU and, low and behold, it hasn't given me an issue since!

That was 2 days ago, a record for sure :D

Well I found a cure for the CD player on the BOSE!!!

Take a can of that emergency flat repair stuff. Put the hose to the CD opening. Fill the CD chamber with that foam and let it harden. Then put duct tape over the opening and write on it. "OUT OF ORDER".

Never a problem with CD's after that. ;)

Ya. It's wierd. Works one day and then not the next. Seems like mine needs to "warm up". Then it's ok.

C.

Ya. It's wierd. Works one day and then not the next. Seems like mine needs to "warm up". Then it's ok.

C.

That is what I find too. So, it does not work as well in winter as it does in summer. Bad solder joint I bet. But try and find it :oops: