Can a 1999 V6 3.3L fit a 89 Pathy?

89&90PATHY

I've got a guy here local with a V6 3.3L with 28K miles out of a 1999 Pathfinder.

He will sell it cheap- about $500 to $600 I think. What will it take to work in my 89 or my 90 Pathfinder. Is it worth doing? Ge also has the tranny for 300-400 bucks. Should I buy it?

Engine is COMPLETE, including, complete fuel injector system, intake, spark plugs, wires, distrbutor, water pump, etc.

Condition of parts: the motor and transmission are in immaculate condition. No leaks anywhere. Both run perfectly and strong. Everything has been covered and taken care of.P...

Hmm, from what I understand, it's only the top end of the motor thats different. Does that mean it bolts up to the tranny ?? It should, but I can't swear by it. What makes me wonder is if the 99 ECU is needed, and if it needs input from dual/quad o2 sensors, etc. This is beyond what I know, but I figured pointing out potential issues was worth typing. :shrug:

B

One thing I know is that the ECU will be needed for the engine. I don't see any MAJOR problems if you swapped in both the tranny and engine together...but hey, who knows..I've been known to be wrong....alot ;)

Sounds like a hell of a deal though...if it doesn't work out, you wouldn't have a hard time selling that engine and tranny to someone else looking for one...I'd say go for it, and figure it out afterwards ;)

I believe the 3.3 was rated somewhere in the 170 HP range so you would gain 20-25hp... You can probably get 10-15+ hp with headers, exhaust, intake and electric fan on your 3.0 for the same price. :shrug:

B